Monday, May 12, 2008

Blogging with a Purpose....



I received this award from Moseplassen in Norway several months ago and felt very honored, if undeserving, since my blog has no real purpose other then to give me an outlet for my nature photographs when my family get tired of looking at them. I wasn't sure what I was suppose to do with the award, but assumed I am to pass it on to other wonderful bloggers out there. So, how do you choose from so many? Keeping in mind that the key word was "purpose", I looked through my blog role for some bloggers who really try to educate us....a lot more than I do! If I was choosing an "outstanding photography" blog, I would just turn the computer off and go hide, because there are so many that say so much with just one photograph a day.....something I'll never accomplish and who are full of camera information! So here are 3 purposeful blogs that always educate and as far as I know don't already have this award. Others certainly deserve this, but I have to make a limit of some sort.


1. My first choice was simiple...... Nature Tales and Camera Trails one of my personal favorites that is always full of lots of interesting information on nature in New Brunswick, but also things like covered bridges. This is a wonderfu blog from Canada and usually my first stop of the day after I post my own blog. Stop in you haven't already and enjoy learning about water fowl and other neat things in New Brunswick from a very nice teacher! You also will enjoy the Haiku poetry!


2. Tom at Ohio Nature Blog is my next choice because he is busy educating all of us about turtles and other things that we just take pictures of, but don't bother to identify. He has been very helpful to me in identifying animals! He is based in Columbus, Ohio so that is close to my own territory and I can count on seeing things in his blog that I'll probably see at home also......if I open my eyes.

3. I want to choose one of the wonderful Great Britain blogs and Kingsdowner in Kent is a very good one! I was drawn to his wonderful owl picture, but have learned about all sorts of birds, insects, and wildflowers in his area of Great Britain. It is really terrific seeing all of the different birds they have and comparing them to ours!


I could keep going and add every blog on my list probably, so I will stop here and assume the others will be honored by someone else. Thanks to all the blogs out there that educate as well as entertain and keep us glued to our computers! (At least I think that I'm thankful for that) I have no idea how to actually give the award, so you will have to copy it to your blog yourself. Great job, all of you and you deserve lots of awards!

8 comments:

sandy said...

Great award and when I get a chance I'll check out your links in this post.

s

me ann my camera said...

Thank you, Mary, for the recognition and the award. You are also very kind and generous for having placed me in such good company as Kingsdowner and the Ohio Nature Blog. I also take energy from your positive and very observant comments and do I have one for you tomorrow! You best get your fabric pieces out in case you might want to match designs :-)

Mary said...

Sandy: These are 3 good blogs if you don't already visit them.

Me and My Camera: Oh, boy...sounds like a challenge and I love matching fabric to feathers. I think I learned enough in my applique class to try a bird soon. Your blog deserves awards.

Kingsdowner said...

Mary, that's very kind of you, and may I say that you deserve your award for your tireless work of keeping internet communication going - it makes it all worthwhile.

I agree with your view that Me&My Camera is a superb blog, and look forward to checking out the Ohio one.

Finally, I'd like to thank my agent, producer, family and hairdresser, without whose tireless efforts this award would not have been won.

Mary said...

Kingsdowner: I like your sense of humor also :-)

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

What a good choices, Mary!!! I love all of those blogs, too.

Anonymous said...

Smart girl. Great Blogs.

Tom Arbour said...

Mary-

Thank you very much! I'm adding this badge to my site this morning, I certainly appreciate the recognition. I love blogging and it is great to here that others like my images.

Tom