(I'm posting more then once a day right now, because everytime I get a baby bird I get excited about posting it, but my other photos are beginning to stack up on me! I had a chickadee video post below this early today, but the videos disappeared and I can't figure out what the problem is. Maybe they will be back eventually and maybe they won't.)
I don't know what these 7 ducks were eating but they were so intent on it that they didn't care how many photos I took or how close I stood to them!

Their variation in color was beautiful and when they lined up together it really caught your eye. There was one all brown, 2 all black, 2 all white and then the 2 with black and white mixed! Really pretty ducks! I like the close-up in my header photo the best with all of their heads side-by-side frantically eating whatever it is that they are eating!

Duck bills.......
........Duck tails
Duck bills.......
14 comments:
Must be really yummy, huh? Great!
Birdlady: Certainly seemed to be!
Interesting duck photos, are they domesticated? Do you know what kind they are? They must've been eating the weeds
Mary, thank you so much for your kind words...Almost all of it is for sale! If you'll email me, I'll send you prices for prints. Thanks!
Enjoyed your series, especially the side-by side shot, where you see the different variations in their coloring. -Mike
They were really chowing down! Tasty stuff ... to ducks.
John: I assumed they were just domestic ducks, but don't really know...nothing wild looking about them. They were at the wetlands area and have taken up residence there right now. Who knows where they came from!
Mike: Their colors were what drew me to them, and their extreme interest in what they were eating made them easy to photograph.
Cicero: I guess that's why they call it "duckweed"?
The feeding ducks title photo had caught my eye immediately; it is beautiful and the variety of colours and designs of the ducks adds to their interest. All of your ducks group pictures are great.
For some reason, maybe it is on my end, but I do not see any baby Chickadee picture?
Love all the photos. They are so adorable!!
s
great pictures!
Mary - Where the chickadee picture should be is blank! Is it just my computer?
It must have been such fun to watch them. They certainly look occupied with whatever it was they were eating! They're all so cute!
I don't know where my Chickadee post went. I had 2 videos there this morning and later I had black space. Am trying to reload videos but can't get them to reload. I assume all of this is Bloggers fault!
Great action shots. Must be something really delicious in that water!
--JB
JB: I suppose the duckweed itself, but I've never seen ducks so intently eating like pigs at a trough.
Post a Comment