Friday, May 30, 2008

Memorial Day (traditional)......May 30th

Our skies are safe to "watch" every Friday because of their dedication.....war after war.....peace after peace



Thank you!

12 comments:

The Birdlady said...

Thanks, Mary, for posting this. I had intended to find photos in my archives of Arlington Nat Cemetary, or to go into town and get some new ones, but good intentions didn't get anywhere.

abb said...

Oh Mary, what a beautiful post and remembrance of all we have to be thankful for. Your pictures are achingly beautiful.

Haven't been commenting much lately, but want you to know I visit daily. (And I AM going to get around to passing on the award you so kindly bestowed to me - it's the end of the school year and time is too too short!)

Again, lovely SWF.

April said...

So many young lives lost to war. Lest we forget. A very thoughtful post, Mary.

Mary said...

I have trouble adjusting my mind to Memorial Day being moved to make it a 3-day weekend....in Indiana that just means that it's "race weekend" :-) I do wish that I'd gotten pictures while they still had flags out in all the cemeteries.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I think all countries have something sad in its history. A pity!!

Mary said...

Saphotographs: Yes...wouldn't it be nice if we could all get along?

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

If I look around me and see what is happening today, I am glad that I am as old as I am and will not see what the world is like in 40-50 years time. Everywhere is chaos with not one country exempt from problems. Where did "the good old days" go??

Mary said...

They probably weren't that "good" if we really examined them, but it would be nice to have less strife in the world for sure.

Tom said...

Thank you for showing this tribute.. and thank you for being a part of Sky Watch.
I'm late getting around to all the blogs this week as my PC is being a pest....
The good part of all this is I came by here and got to see all the wildlife pictures above.. Stunning.

Tom

FO - 2 said...

A very nice tribute.
Just like Tom i`ve been looking at your beautiful wildlife photos.
They are great!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for being late ...
You have a nice tribute here.

Mary said...

Thank you all! Welcome and hope you stop in again. I love the skywatch idea, Tom!