
I haven't seen the Towhee for quite a while, so she (he?) deserves a picture eating in the Driveway Diner. My first impression was "she", but now that I look at the picture the head and back are pretty dark.

I've had a persistent wren the last few days that I think might be young.....and cute.

Lots of attitude

Just in case you wanted to see the underside of a wren :-) He was really tilting to get to that suet from the top.

Mockingbird with its tail up.....thinks its a wren maybe?? I've been wondering if it was a young one, also. It is determined to "own" the suet tree and tries to chase everyone else away.

Mock..atitude

This is my Forsythia bush that thinks in the summer it would be more fun to be a rose :-) It has a wild red rose that grows up through it and I figure it gives added color!

.....this year it has a wild white rose growing in it too! What a versatile Forsythia I have :-)

I love this Deutzia bush.....and my husband hates it because that is HIS side of the garage that it is hanging down in front of. As soon as it finishes blooming we will have to cut it back.

Deutzia close-up
OK......now my brief TV "rant". I seldom watch TV. I do like tennis however, and wanted to check in on how the French Open is going. It took me a phone call to my husband and 3.....THREE.......remote controls to find the tennis channel! No wonder I don't watch TV! It's too blasted complicated to even turn it on!!!!!! Does it really HAVE to be that hard???? I know.....I'm a dinosaur.....live in the dark ages when you just click a button and dialed a station. Sigh.
8 comments:
Now now. It's a poor workman that blames his tools!
You just have to become one with the controller and it works just fine.
It just seemed dificult because we had a power outage last night and it reset everything to OFF.
Well...you haven't commented for a long time. It figures you would have something to say about my inability to turn on the TV and watch it :-)
LOL!! I am not too sure about the pose with it's behind in the air. Seems kinda rude to me. Ha! Ha!! That Mockingbird is like one Thrush I have here...he thinks the bird bath is HIS exclusive territory. He will be finished bathing and another bird will try to do the same and will then jump back in and chase the bird away as if to say "Hey, can't you see I'm still busy!!" It is great fun to watch him and always makes me smile at his antics.
I have never seen a Deutzia....what a lovely flow it has!!
TV?? No comment!! LOL!!
Saphotographs: You got my mockingbird to a tee! Even when he doesn't want to eat, he lands and intimdates the others. That little wren just goes to whichever suet cake he and the downy aren't "guarding" at the moment:-)
SAP (Joan?) Apparently mine is a Deutzia Scabra....fuzzy deutzia. It has "double" petals.
The antics of the birds cab keep me amused for hours. Some of them difinitely have an attitude. LOL!!
Thanks for the full name of the plant Mary. It is going to be a pity to have to cut it back. :)
I understand your TV frustration...I'm a little "techno-challenged" too. I take a book when I babysit for my grandchildren to read after they go to bed - I couldn't watch TV if I wanted to! There's the Tevo (??) and the DVD, and the cable box, plus the regular remote...good grief! I don't even have a TV upstairs...
SAP: Yes, I guess that is why we all watch them and take pictures...seeing their behavior is more informative then reading about it. They do have personalities :-)
Birdlady: Exactly! I just made my husband turn on the Tennis before he left for work....I'm getting smarter :-)
Post a Comment