Sunday, March 1, 2009

Squirrel Sunday.....

(I took these before I went on vacation, but haven't had the opportunity to post them) A sunny day at the feeder out back. Just perching and eating.....life it good!

A disgruntled Cardinal wanting to know when it is his turn!


These 2 were busy eating towards each other (cardinal is still disgruntled)..... .....finally they were so close their noses almost touched. Sort of like watching Lady and the Tramp without the spaghetti! However, when they realized they were that close, the one on the right jumped off the rail to the bench below. Guess they weren't feeling "lovey dovey" :-)

I like the waving tail in the sunlight!

I guess this is "The End"
Hmmmm....I get upset when someone takes a photo like this of me. I'm sorry Star (but I'm still going to post it)!

18 comments:

Arija said...

They obviously enjoy your take-away!

Anne på Moseplassen said...

What a bird!!
Im sorry, star is not the star of these pictures ;) But lets root for lots of love-dove... and littleones :D

Anne på Moseplassen said...

and Mary, thank you for all your comments today!!

Kim said...

HA! Those squirrels were not about to give up their perching post for anything! I take it those two are a couple. That means more babies and more squirrels at your feeder! HA! I have a couple of couples in my yard now so I know I will triple that in the next month or so.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Cute.
Blessings,Ruth

Lilli & Nevada said...

These are all cute photos, love the last one with your statement. LOL

Heather said...

The squirrels never cease to amuse me. These guys (and/or gals) sure are cute. Just stopping by to say hi to everyone else who participated in Michele's February backyard bird count. Our lists look pretty similar. Happy birding!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh those squirrels are having the time of their life, Mary.. Poor Cardinal!!! Will there be anything left for him and the other birds????

Hope you are having a good day.
Hugs,
Betsy

Rose said...

I loved that last picture and the line that went with it...funny.

sandy said...

wow, these are all great shots!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I like your "The End" pic! hee hee
And the cardinals are great. We have had a ton of them at our feeder lately.
--JB

Mary said...

Arija: And the take away more than their share!

Anne:Always glad to catch up on your blog! Your little squirrel is always cute, too.

Kallen: Before vacation I had about 6 squirrels. Have only seen a couple since I got back.

Ruth: Thanks!

Lilii: I should know better then to post photos like that. Even squirrels must have feelings?

Heather: Glad you stopped by!

Betsy: The cardinals have to fight for their share if the squirrel is around.

Rose: My family are great at taking unflattering shots of me...or maybe that isn't their fault?

Sandy: Thanks!

JB: We always have a bunch, too.

George said...

I hope Star will forgive you for that last picture. But all of them were very interesting.

abb said...

My Sunday is now complete. Thank you!

Mary said...

George: I think as long as there is sunflower seed out there that Star will forgive me anything!

Annie: Thanks!

Becky said...

Boy, I'm late again. Love the squirrels of course. Always so entertaining.
Snowing here tonight UGH ! Enough is enough. I'm entered in a snow total contest for Erie, Pa, so I hope they get at least 8 more inches.
B.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

LOL!! I hope he likes being the butt end of a joke Mary. LOL!! A great post as usual.

Mary said...

Becky: I don't think that is a contest I would want to win!

Joan: LOL! That's great.