(I've posted the words of this poem before, but some day I want to post photos to go with each part.)
COLOR by Grace Noll Crowell
Have you noticed, have you seen
Have you noticed, have you seen
That God loves Green?
And that He loves clear Yellow, too,
And Blue.......Blue!
The trees, the sky, the glint of sun,
The million yellow flowers that run their windy way;
And God loves Gray:
The mist, the rain, the clouds that fly
When storms go by.
And looking at the dawn,
I think that God loves Pink.
But Red………
Have you ever thought how He uses it sparingly?
A Red Flower here, another there,
A Red wing flashing on the air,
A cluster of berries on a limb.......
Red must be jewel-like to Him,
And very precious.........
But if I were asked the color I like best
'Twould be the color of the sky
Some autumn evening in the west:
Not mauve, not pink, not gold, not flame.....It has no name!
*********
I used the first line of the poem on St. Patrick's Day and now the Yellow and Blue lines seem very appropriate.
I may not have a million of them, but I've seen millions around town in other lawns :-)
Last night a Bluebird landed on the hook just about the time I was done taking photos for the day! I'm getting a Bluebird house tomorrow and trying to find somewhere to put it!
Whenever it turned its head or bent it, it appears to have a "hump" at the back of its neck.
While on the subject of "blue"....the jay stopped by.
I won't jump ahead in the poem, but I do want to post these beautiful Magnolia flowers that I found in someone else's yard.
This tree was huge and just loaded with flowers!
I won't jump ahead in the poem, but I do want to post these beautiful Magnolia flowers that I found in someone else's yard.
13 comments:
Nice post Mary, love your pics of the bluebird.
I love the daffodils and the bluebird Mary but the magnolia has to be my favorite in this series.
A nice variety of colours with Birds and Flowers Mary. Lovely little violets particularly.
Mike: Thank you! Mr. Bluebird was a nice surprise. I don't see many of them.
Joan: Whenever I see the magnolias blooming, I wish I had one!
Roy: Violets are one of my favorite flowers. I love the way they spread all over the place, too. (better than grass)
Nice stroll, enjoyed all of it, but especially the Bluebirds.
Leedra’s Photos For Fun
Leedra’s Greeting Cards
Photography By Leedra
Ohwow,that poem is just wonderful.It makes me as well want to post pictures for each line.Your photos are beautfiul.Those little Violets are charming.
Blessings,Ruth
Gorgeous Mary ! I love Quince. Love your header. When I was young, my parents had several Quince bushes, and I remember how many honey bees there were in these bushes.
Glad to see the Bluebirds. None here yet.
A beautiful day, but rain is on the way.
Have a great time quilting.
B.
Great photos, love the meadowlark, and the bluebird..I wish I would see them more out here. I have to get a gourd!
Leedra: The Bluebird was a nice suprise...hope he comes back to stay.
Ruth: It's a wonderful poem and I hope to do a crazy quilt based on it some day...when I find time.
Becky: We just had a huge storm blow through here. I hope it sticks to rain and doesn't get cold and freeze. The Quince is such a pretty color...I don't recall seeing many bees on it, but would think that pollen would attract them.
Sandy: I printed an alternative to using a gourd above and with your artistic nature, I know you would make something beautiful! Apparently it works for other birds besides Chickadees.
...what a detailed post...fun! I love the meadowlark photos...the yellow against the green is striking. The chickadee continues to steal my heart in that gourd house! I hope the bluebirds nest in your new bluebird house!
I love the pictures you used to illustrate the poem. I especially liked your bluebird picures.
Kelly: I wish I could get a little closer to the Meadowlarks. I keep checking each day to see if the chickadee is still going in and out. So far so good.
George: Thanks! I'll do the rest of the poem some day.
Mary: I'm sorry I missed so many. These are another great set of nature photos.
Post a Comment