Sunday, March 15, 2009

Squirrel Sunday.....

Hey.....what's this???Somebody left a ladder in the yard! Wonder where it goes??
Boy....these steps are sort of far apart!

What....a tree??? Funniest looking tree I ever saw! I'll just hoist myself on up.....
....I bet she thought this thing was "squirrel proof"....whatever that means!
Jungle Gym with a feeding tray.....works for me!

20 comments:

Mary said...

Is anyone else having trouble with scheduled posts? Two days in a row, my scheduled posts have not posted by themselves.

CountryDreaming said...

What a cute little rascally rodent! I don't work with scheduled posts, but Blogger has lately mistakenly been telling me that I'm not following any blogs.

Mary said...

CountryDreaming: Blogger has its bad days...I'm sure they will fix it. I've looked at my time settings and don't think it is me.

Becky said...

I did have trouble last week. When I posted a scheduled time it put it on right away. Seems to be OK on my end now.
Love those squirrels!
Such acrobats.
B.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Clever little fellow.I do like the idea for a feeder or even a bird bath.
Blessings,Ruth

Kerri Farley said...

Oh, this is FUNNY! I always love your SS posts!!

Janet Creamer Martin said...

Very cute squirrel, Mary! You must be a busy lady with 4 blogs. I have two and they are shared and it keeps me pretty busy with everything else. Gald you found our blogs through Tom.

Janet

Kathy W said...

Mary what cute shots. I will have to tell what happened when I went picture hunting for squirrels last week sometime. Think hundreds of squirrels deciding to all at once they wanted me to feed them...
I had problems with post not posting when I scheduled them also.

Arija said...

It jus goes to show that with a bit of ingenuity, one can surmount anything!
Love this post and squirrel.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Squirrels are so clever and cute and I love the comments you put with the pictures Mary. A x

Richard Lawry said...

squirrel proof is an oxymoron.

An Arkies Musings

2sweetnsaxy said...

You have the best comments on your photos and I always smile. Your squirrels seem to to be very entertaining.
:-)

abb said...

Once again, my Sunday is complete - Squirrel Sunday - I LIVE for it!

My scheduled blogs have been ok, but for the last 3 days, and just corrected though I have no clue how, my "about me" and photo icon just...disappeared. Where did it go??? I've no idea.

Bet Ms. Star was expecting a lot more seed than she got! ;-)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Mary, I've just caught up on your blog posts for the week. Looks like you had a good 'bird' week. That little fluffy bird is sick I think.. He may have salmonella. It's really going around this year.

Love your Sunday Squirrel post. That poor squirrel couldn't quite figure out his new 'tree' could he???? Cute!!!

We had a good time in Arkansas--but the ICE storm was no fun.

Hugs,
Betsy

Shelley said...

Cute photos of a fearless squirrel!!

Mary said...

Becky: I hope it posts right tomorrow. My other blog posted at the right time.

Ruth: I had that lightweight tray and was using it for a feeder and it fit perfectly on top of that tomato cage....but it blows off, so I put that branch there to hold it down. I didn't think the squirrel would even climb it, but should have known better :-)

Kerri: Thanks!

Janet: Glad you stopped by! Another Indiana blogger is always a welcome find.

Kathy: LOL! Hope you have photos of all those squirrels!

Arija:Thanks!

Anne:Sometimes captions are easy and sometimes I can't think of a thing. I've thought about having a photo caption contest :-)

Richies: LOL! True!

2sweetnsaxy: Thanks! They are one animal that is always out there.

Annie:Some day I'm not going to be able to think of any more squirrel posts!

Betsy: Glad to have you back! Look forward to lots of posts about your trip.

Shelley: Thanks! He's endlessly entertaining (shows what a dull life I lead)

George said...

I'm glad to see that the 'Star' is as nimble as ever.

abbey meadows said...

Very photogenic those Squirrels. I have some shots of our native Red squirrel on my blog. Nice pics as ever Mary.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: That is neat. I've seen a couple feeding in the Maple Tree that were just hanging on to the end of the branch. Your Fox Squirrel is a crafty one.

John Theberge said...

Those pesky squirrels sure can be determined, they usually find a way to get over an obstacle, especially when it means getting to some food.