Monday, March 30, 2009

What's the weather like today....

...rainy......sunny......hot....cold.....ask me again in 5 minutes because it will change! All weekend the weather changed from one extreme to another. Must be March!The Red-Bellied at a good moment in the weather. He is not eating the corn....there are sunflower seeds behind it.
Why do they all have their tails up?????

Cardinal at a blustery early morning moment....

.....Cardinal in the late afternoon sun, making it blend with the Maple seeds.
Dove....throwing out a wing to chase a House Sparrow away.
Downy....waiting for the suet.
A male Goldfinch almost in full summer color. A little bit more molting to make it really pretty.

Several Goldfinches at various stages of molt......and Mrs. Cardinal.....
.....who was having trouble with the wind here.
Did you send me your Pine Siskins, Betsy???? I had about a dozen this morning.

Mr. Red-Wing doesn't look happy.
Mr. Red-Wing letting me know he isn't happy! Or maybe its that wind again.
Or maybe its the 2 squirrels who are hogging the feeder area out back. I see a Cardinal lurking at the end of the bench hoping they will leave while there is still some food left.

12 comments:

2sweetnsaxy said...

You always have such great bird shots. I think I've seen one of those... red wings (?). I didn't know what it was but it was hard to miss that red under it's wings.

Jenny said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKEY! (-: You always get some great garden bird shots Mary, but I particularly love that downy woodpecker one. Lovely pose. Maybe those Cowbird tails up was them trying to say something offensive to the House Sparrow! (-:

sandy said...

I always enjoy your photos and these are fun ones. Love that ear of corn. I gotta do that some time.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: What a fun show of all of your birds and the two squirrels. They do look like they are in charge.

Shelley said...

I didn't know that red bellieds enjoyed the corn! Loved all your birdies today! Mrs. Cardinal was looking a little wind swept but I'm sure she'll be back to her beautiful self in no time!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

All the pictures are great.Amazing how the weather can affect how the pictures look.
Blessings,Ruth

Leedra said...

I would rather Betsy send you her Pine Siskins than to me. The Downy is so cute.

Leedra’s Photos For Fun

Leedra’s Greeting Cards

Photography By Leedra

Becky said...

I love all the different poses your birds have. We had that gusty wind too, and now snow again. Oh my will it ever end?
I don't have many birds right now. Maybe it's the Grackels that are scaring everything away? ? They do sort of take over..
B.

Mary said...

2sweetnsaxy: The Redwings sometimes hide the red and yellow bars on their wings. This one is barely showing it.

Jenny: Wouldn't be surprised :-) Mose of us here feel that way about House Sparrows, too :-)

Sandy: Actually few of my birds eat the corn and my squirrel is too picky to eat it unlessdesperate.

Fishing Guy: Thanks..the squirrels are always in charge.

Shelley: The RedBellied doesn't eat the corn....I put sunflower seeds behind it :-)

Ruth: Thanks! Our weather is nice most of the time now, but we had a frost over night.

Leedra: They moved on today...didn't see them at all.

Kelly said...

...fun post with all the birds. The downy was so cute and I loved the shot of the female cardinal caught in the wind. The red-bellied pecking at the corn is cute too!

CountryDreaming said...

Love your personable birds! You always manage to get such good poses and expressive shots.

Rose said...

Wonderful shots! That one of the goldfinch is excellent! But then the others are too. And I do wonder about all the tail's up in that one photo.