Sunday, August 10, 2008

Squirrel Sunday.....

If you wonder why I post squirrels on Sunday, it's because I think God wants us to smile and laugh, and squirrels always do that for me :-) "They just don't make these feeders as wide as they used to"

"I can barely get on here, since they started making them smaller."

"If you want my opinion, they aren't making the feeders smaller......
your butt is getting ........"
"Did I ASK your opinion??? When I want your opinion, I will ask for it!"

15 comments:

kjpweb said...

LOL - thanks for that smile (and story). Love it!
Cheers, Klaus

Anne på Moseplassen said...

I looove sundays :D
I had a squirrel here today, running on the electisitywire! but it didnt stop to pose :(

me ann my camera said...

Hi Mary, I just dropped by for my 'squirrel fix' for the week! You didn't disappoint. :-)

Mary said...

This is the squirrel version of "Do these pants make my hips look big?" Never answer questions like that! I honestly don't know how they sit on the edge of that feeder...you can see how small the ledge around it is. I keep thinking one will fall off some day :-)

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

LOL!! Where do you get all these ideas from for the dialog Mary? It is always priceless and really makes my day!! Thanks you!!

Becky said...

I love looking at your squirrels. We just don't have any at all. They are so comical, and I bet they were thinking just what you posted.

abb said...

Wonderful! I just love you Squirrel Sundays!

Mary said...

Joan, Becky, Annie: Thanks! I enjoy posting them. That one in the tree really was watching the other one from across the driveway. He looked so relaxed, but it is hard for me to photograph him at that distance and get a good shot.

The Birdlady said...

Smile and laugh we will! Very much fun, these Sunday squirrels.
And - greetings from Florida - I made it!

Rose said...

This post makes me smile...I love watching squirrels, too. My younger daughter has tried to find a squirrel proof feeder and has come to the conclusion that none can be found.

Mary said...

Helen: Read Rose's comment...she doesn't believe there is a squirrel proof feeder :-) Have a good time in Florida!

Rose:Don't let Helen, the Birdlady hear you say that! She has one that she swears really is squirrel proof! I tend to agree with your daughter :-)

John Theberge said...

I agree with you, some people don't like them but squirrels can be very entertaining to watch.

Mary said...

Thanks, John!

Kerri Farley said...

Very cute, Mary! Perfect narrative to go with the shots!!

Mary said...

Kerri: Thanks!