Friday, August 15, 2008

Skywatch Friday....

I've become fascinated by steeples! I took a picture of one against the clouds one day and then suddenly I was noticing them everywhere I went!
Steeples are always pointing to the sky!
Permanant skywatch duty!Daytime.....

.........nighttime

Anytime!

The variety is fascinating.
I may feature a few every week, since my file is growing.


Thanks to all who help host Skywatch! For more skywatch photos click on the link at the top of my sidebar. What does your sky look like today?

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sidebar pictures of dragonflies are really nice, but I also like the SkyWatch Friday photos.

Abraham

Mary said...

Thank you!

Becky said...

I've never thought of steeples. They are everywhere. Great post. Happy SWF.

Mary said...

Becky: I never really paid attention either until I saw one against a neat cloud and took a picture.

Cicero Sings said...

I like steeples too ... sad that so many new churches are being built without them.

John Theberge said...

Great Skywatch compilation.

Mary said...

Cicero: I'm really amazed at all the differences in church rooflines...steeples, crosses, nothing, weathervanes!

John: Thanks!

Lynellen said...

Hi again!
Those are great steeples. Aren't architecture and clouds a great combination?

Thanks for sharing with SkyWatch Friday. Have a great weekend!

--Lynellen, #316 this week's SkyWatch
Shop with me your Mary Kay Beauty Consultant

Anonymous said...

Great SWF photos! Have a good weekend:)

Kerri Farley said...

I Love Steeples too!! Lovely SWF shots!!

sandy said...

Nice photos. Can't imagine one person who doesn't like steeples. Something about them...reaching to the sky....

Jenny said...

InSPIREing! (-: Thanks Mary. I lovely original posting. Made me smile.

Mary said...

Lynellen: thanks! Your post and mine would have been good together.

Randi: Thanks!

Kerri: It's certainly fun seeing the different ones out there. Maybe someone should start a "Steeple Sunday" :-)

Sandy: Thanks! Awesome archetecture reaching high.

Jenny: Great pun! I didn't even think of it!

Linda Reeder said...

I love steeples too. We use them to navigate in large European cities, sine in the old parts of the cities, the steeples are always the highest buildings. They also point out villages in the countryside.

SandyCarlson said...

Mary,
I love the way steeples point to the heavens. Thanks for these beautiful reminders.

DeniseinVA said...

Hi Mary, thanks for stopping by my blog. Love these you've taken. Isn't it lovely discogering things when you look upwards? I'm so glad I found SWF. Have a great weekend.

Mary said...

Linda: Great idea! If you can't navigate by the stars, use the steeples :-) They do tend to stick up nice and tall. I love old country churches and need to go for a drive and take pictures of some of the ones around here.

Sandy:It's the sense of "expectation"...looking up. (Ps 5:3)

Denise: SWF is a lot of fun and everyone sees something different when they look up....the sky connects all of us and our blogs.

me ann my camera said...

Looking upward you have discovered there is other beaut, as well as clouds. Steeples are a great theme to pursue!

Kahshe Cottager said...

I love your Sky Watch steeples! They are all so different too.

Thanks for visiting my SWF!

Mary said...

Ann: Thanks! Buildings of any sort are interesting.

Kahshe cottager: Thanks..each one is special in it's own way.

kjpweb said...

Ah - you got hooked? Cool!
But it sure is interesting! Great shots!
Cheers, Klaus

Stacey Olson said...

Beautiful skywatch pictures.. wonderful..

Mary said...

Klaus: Yeah...its amazing how you can ignore something for years and then all of the sudden it is all you see and want take pictures of.

Stacey: Thanks!

Kelly said...

I love your steeple photos! Well done!

Mary said...

Kelly and Rose: Thanks!

Louise said...

Steeples do add interest to any sky. Nice shots.

Anita said...

There's a steeple in a nearby town that is exxactly like the one in your top photo... Great shots!

Mary said...

Louise: Thanks you!

Anita: Interesting! This one is on a Congregationalist church here in Evansville.