Yesterday afternoon we went downtown to see the painted animals on our riverfront. These are later auctioned for charity. This is the 5th year for some sort of painted items, and I really enjoy wandering the riverfront to look at them each year. This year they were painted in conjunction with the opening of the new Amazonian exhibit at our zoo. It opened last week, but I'm waiting for the kids to go back to school before fighting the crowds to see it.
It was a beautiful day for being on the river.
A beautiful frog......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
That first photo would make a wonderful skywatch picture.
Rose: That's true! Too bad I didn't think of that. I've been taking so many sky pictures lately with all the fleecy clouds we have had recently.
That river shot is gorgeous. I love all the colors on the animals, and whoever did the paintings did a fabulous job! What a cool way to raise money for the zoo. I hope they make lots!
I left an answer for you about the grape jelly on my blogs comments.
Have a super day.
Kewl! Thyough I prefer the real deal - this is nice, too!:)
Cheers, Klaus
These are fabulous and what a fantastic idea. I think my favourite is the leather-look elephant!
Becky: Thanks for the information!
Klaus: Well, I prefer real, too, but love the artwork of these and they support charity...United Way.
Jenny: The city has done this for several years...usually there are a lot more than this. It makes a pleasant draw to get people downtown and on the riverfront. I liked the leather elephant, too. The artist did a great job. Unfortunately someone broke the handle off the back...vandals.
I'll take the leopard cub and the first frog thank you!! What a lovely idea Mary. Something entirely different. Good idea to wait until after the school holidays, I never go anywhere myself when the children are on vacation.
The first frog is my favorite. How nice that they used several different animals--most towns use only one.
You can keep your squirrels from the previous post! I would gladly send you the eleven giving me grief here.
That 'blond' skunk was amazing! It definitely got more than its share of stripe.
These are fabulous! Major talent on display! Thanks for sharing!!
Wow! Those are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Joan: I wouldn't mind having one myself, but what would you do with it once you got it? Even with the kids back in school, the zoo may be packed with kids on school trips, but I am anxious to see the Amazonia exhibit. It's cooler now, too.
Bruce: In the past we have only used one animal, too, and more of them. I think they chose these to go with the Amazonia opening at the zoo. It's always fun to see the artwork on them and United Way gets the money from the auction. 11 squirrels??? That is a lot! Even in the winter, I only have 4 on average. The skunk was definitely a light one.
Kerri and Helen: Yes, the artists were quite good this year.
Your latest set of photos are great. And the painted animals are wonderful. Around DC a while back they had panda bears, and before that it was elephants. I used to love looking at each one painted by a different artist, to see what different design they came up with.
Denise: Isn't it a nice concept when they do this? We've had Carousel Horses, small cars, catfish, butterlies, and chairs in the previous years. The artists always do such neat stuff. I always hate to see them take them down and auction them off.
I LOVE these. I want to draw that frog!!!! It's so colorful and cute.
glad you went there and got some photos.
Sandy: Actually, I have more pictures of the frog....hope you do draw it. It was cool!
THANKS Mary for saying it's okay. I think I'm going to start it today.
Post a Comment