The nice thing about having a blog for less than a year, is that I can post stuff from last year and you haven't already seen it!
We went to Seattle last year in August.
These beautiful flowers are at my sister's house. I believe their name is Lavatera.
This was a hanging basket in front of her house. She's a better gardener than I am :-)
One day we went to the Ballard and Fremont area.
Where but in Seattle can you pose with a 16 foot tall statue of Lenin? And why is there a statue of Lenin in Seattle? It's a long story. If you really want to know you can read all about it here
These cute little birds were clustered around these droopy plants (how's that for being really specific about things?) I think they might be Bushtits, but since I don't normally see them, I don't know that for sure.
These beautiful flowers are at my sister's house. I believe their name is Lavatera.
This was a hanging basket in front of her house. She's a better gardener than I am :-)One day we went to the Ballard and Fremont area.
Where but in Seattle can you pose with a 16 foot tall statue of Lenin? And why is there a statue of Lenin in Seattle? It's a long story. If you really want to know you can read all about it here It's for sale by the way.....only $150,000! Get out your checkbooks!
This is in the Fremont area of Seattle.
We also visited the nearby Hiram M. Chittenden Locks in Ballard and there is a lovely botanical garden there. Of course I took pictures of the flowers instead of the locks :-)
We also visited the nearby Hiram M. Chittenden Locks in Ballard and there is a lovely botanical garden there. Of course I took pictures of the flowers instead of the locks :-)
These cute little birds were clustered around these droopy plants (how's that for being really specific about things?) I think they might be Bushtits, but since I don't normally see them, I don't know that for sure.





15 comments:
That was a nice visit as it seems! I adore the last one! Wonderful!
Cheers, Klaus
Klaus: Isn't that cool? I can just imagine it sitting somewhere in the forest peering out with those blue eyes.
I love your trip ! The flowers are beautiful, and I don't know most of them either. I love that root configuration. It would look nice in my yard too staring out at the speeders racing down the road. LOL Great post. Is that Mike ? Say "Hi" from us...
Becky: I love visiting Seattle and we go about every other year. I thought the "tree man" was pretty cool....Some artists just have that special touch. Yes, that is Mike under the finger of Lenin. I'll take the tree man over Lenin any day :-)
I think that thistle is a globe artichoke.
Seattle is a lovely city/destination. I haven't been for years even though I have an Aunt, Uncle and cousins living there.
wow, what a gargoyle type on that bottom photo. I love those pink droopy flowers. I'm so behind on visiting. Enjoyed the photos.
I recycle some of my photos too, to have something to put up.
I love your flowers!! And that troll is AWESOME!!!
Cicero: Thanks for the correction! I've wondered how far up in Canada you are. My sister has a rental place in Birch Bay near the border as well as a home in Seattle.
Sandy and Kerri: Isn't he an awesome creature? I see him sitting in a forest guarding the trees or something. Maybe part of a children's story to teach them about nature. Great fantasy material in him!
Great group of photos again Mary. I visited Seattle several years ago but never visited the areas you took your photos in. We were only there a couple of days. All very cool photos but I loved the tree man too. He's different.
Denise: Seattle is a great place to visit! We go fairly often because our daughter lives there and one of my sisters. With only a couple of days, I would not have gone to Ballard or Fremont either :-)
Those look like Bushtits. They are one of my favorite yard birds! So cute! Seattle is a fun city to visit, huh?
NW NN:Yes, I love Seattle and glad to know I got the birds right.
What lovely Dahlias! Ooh and I love the skunks in the post above!
I was wondeering if you saw the troll under the bridge in Fremont. We sort of tried to get to him last week, but we did not have specific driections and it was getting on for rush hour. We were lucky to get to the grands before the birthday dinner--as meeting them at the restaurant would have been problematical. We knew which restaurant, but not which location and would have showed up miles away.
Emily: Thanks but I wish that I could give you the skunks.
Katney: No!...will have to look for the troll the next time we visit.
Post a Comment