Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ruby Tuesday........

I've never tried Ruby Tuesday before, but after seeing someone else's post I remembered these House Finch pictures that I took last year before my Dogwood tree died. I always like these pictures and actually plan to use one of them in a quilt.....
......I have this one printed on fabric and have the idea in my head (but stuck there unfinished along with many other projects).

Maybe this will "kick-start" this project for me again, since it is a fall scene :-)
For more Ruby Tuesday go HERE,

21 comments:

me ann my camera said...

This creates a beautiful ruby, rosy glow; like a work of art! A great choice and contribution to Ruby Tuesday.

Mary said...

Ann: Thanks! Maybe doing some of these linked things will provide me with some subject matter right now during the "summer slump" :-)

The Birdlady said...

I LOVE those! Just beautiful.

Gill - That British Woman said...

what stunning colours and great photos. I also wanted to say thank you for the info for Charleston I am going to check into it when I leave here.........

Gill from Canada

Ralph said...

I never thought of little birds in anything but gray, only thinking male cardinals being just about it.

The finches look great in RED!

ellen b. said...

Very nice. I love these photos you took. Welcome to Ruby Tuesday...

Gayle said...

What beautiful little birds. How lucky to have them out your window.

Jenny said...

Those are great photos Mary. It's like the finches are in the dogrose for camouflage! Maybe there was a Cooper's Hawk hanging around! (-:

dot said...

I love your pictures of the birds in the dogwood. Seems like the dogwood are the first to change color here. It won't be long!

Mojo said...

The birds almost appear to be blushing. Maybe they're camera shy?
- Mojo

Tom Arbour said...

Hi Mary-

I just came in from our backyard and noticed that I have a house finch feeding on the thistle seed that I put out a few weeks ago. Your shots with the red dogwood in the background and the finch in the foreground are quite a match.

Tom

Dianne said...

the colors are so rich!

I'm with you on unfinished projects in my head, it gives me a headache sometimes :)

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I think it would make a great quily Mary and would love to see it oneday.

RamblingWoods2.com said...

Nice healthy looking house finches. Mine here are still feeding babies. I enjoyed the photos...

DeniseinVA said...

Oh what truly beautiful photographs. Love them.

Mary said...

Thank you everyone! I appreciate all the nice comments. It made me a bit sad to post these since my tree will have no red leaves this year....or any other kind! I hope to replace it soon and my birds are really going to miss it.

Kerri Farley said...

This was perfect for Ruby Tuesday! Those finches blend in so well with the red of the leaves! Great job!!

sandy said...

These are GORGEOUS photos and I can see why you would be inspired to use them.

juliana said...

these are just great photos of birds and leaves in red!

i have enjoyed the dragonflies on the side bar as well.

Anonymous said...

absolutely breath-taking

Mary said...

Thanks you everyone!