While over at my sister-in-law's house we found several assorted vines and insects on her bushes. These are two different skippers....but I'm not sure of either's identity and neither one would open its wings for me!
A grey one with reddish spot (Grey Hairstreak?)
Light brown (a Checkered of some sort?)
She also had these fungi in her yard that we thought looked like biscuits. However these things are hard as rocks! I struggled to pull one out of the ground and then almost broke a nail trying to pull it apart! Hardest fungi I've ever seen! They may look like "biscuits" but they are more like hockey pucks!
Thistles at the wetlands at dusk.
I didn't get many photos before the sun was sinking too low to see.
Mike shot this one for me, because I was complaining about not being able to focus....maybe it's my eyes and not the camera :-) Don't know why he tilted it!
I fianlly got a photo of my little black skunk! These are not good since I have to use flash through the windows, but you can see how different these two little skunks are.....like night and day!
I fianlly got a photo of my little black skunk! These are not good since I have to use flash through the windows, but you can see how different these two little skunks are.....like night and day!
12 comments:
Wonderful post! And those skunks!...I didn't realize they varied that much.
Helen: I've never seen 2 so different skunks before either. I believe they are young ones and the parents look more normal.
Well, you could call the one skunk midnight, but right at this present moment I cannot think of one for the other. I like your other shots as well, and really like the one you had Mike take.
Gorgeous shots! So interesting o see how different skunks could look like!
Cheers, Klaus
Stunning shots Mary, nice perspective and low angle, skunks do look cute, just keep on the right side of them ;)
Wonderful skunk pictures. I think maybe Whitey is the unusual one with so much white?? I haven't seen a skunk in ages.
Your husband did a lovely job on that grass picture ... love it!
Skunks ... cute but!!!! We don't have any around here.
Those sky photos are wonderful!!!!
Lovely new header Mary. With those fungi,are you sure someone wasn't doing a job nearby with some cement??? (-:
Also like your husband's shot, what a team! Names for the skunks, how about liquorice and vanilla?
Great shots. I like the big eyes on those Skippers. I haven't seen any around here.
Mike took a really cool picture. That grass is so dainty, and the tilt makes it just that more interesting.
Gotta love those skunks. Do you suppose they are related?.
Great set of photos....hee hee love thoses skunks.
My mom tried to take some flower shots this morning in our new yard, and she took a couple of some fungi too. She will try to get back up and running on JB's Mom's Big World blog soon and post.
--JB
Great shots Mary!! My but those skunks are different!! Are you sure the one did not jsut fall into a pot of white paint. LOL!! Love the butterflies too. That shot of Mike's is brilliant!! That kind of photo always appeals to my eye.
Post a Comment