
The sun behind the clouds

Hummingbird in silhouette

Several young sparrows were playing on the drip fountain....

....and eating on the rail

......or just sitting. This one worried me. It seemed less lively then the others.

2 more skunks last night......different ones (groan)! Bigger.....maybe the parents?
More traditional in its color......less white on back and tail.

Shooting through the glass frustrates me! I have to shoot at a slant and can't get rid of that line of reflection. I thought its face was interesting and the little beady eyes.

An August fireball burning through the trees at sunset.
15 comments:
Great post Mary, not sure I would like Skunks so close, but still nice to see photos of.
Like you said, it seems as though everyone had the sky in mind this morning.
Mike: Well...I don't like the skunks either, but if they are going to be there, the least they can so is pose for pictures :-) I'm trying not to leave them any tasty seeds, so they will go dig grubs out of the lawn.
John: I've seen it in several blogs already today. The clouds this year have been spectacular and there isn't much else to post right now around here.
Good ones - but the "fireball" is spectacular!
Cheers, Klaus
I seem to have allot of sparrows now too.
Those clouds look just like here.
As for the skunks, all mine have gone, and so have the raccoons! Who knows where, and who cares...
I left you a note on my blog about the eggs.
lovely birds, and the skunk!! We dont have skunks here so I really apreciate all your skunkpictures :)
Lovely hummer and fireball!!
Klaus: Thanks!
Becky: Clouds and sparrows...the excitement of August :-) Got the message! Thanks!
Anne: I can ship you the skunks! Send me an address.....oh, on second thought getting them into the crate might be a bit of a problem.
Kerri: Thanks!
Hi Mary,
We hope to be back to regular blogging soon, but we are moved now, just not all unpacked!
We have missed a lot in your blog. Oooh, skunks! My mom and I have not seen a skunk in person....and probably don't want to get too close....but great photos!
--JB
JB: Definitely stay away from skunks! When I see them I have to hurry my kitties into the house and not let them out until daytime when the skunks are not around.
lovely photo's...........not sure about the skunk one though, always terrified of getting sprayed!!!
Gill from Canada
I've never seen skunks with such a wide white stripe.
Small pieces that soothe the soul. Thank you!
Well, thank goodness for the glass! Glare or no glare, I think I would prefer something between me and your friend!
Gil: Thanks for stopping by! I don't venture out when I see them.
Katney: I think there are a pair of small ones and one is almost totally white and the other totally black! The black one came back last night, but is so dark, the camera can't figure out what I want a picture of.
Annie: Some days, small pieces are all there seem to be :-)
Helen: Yes....the glass is a must when they are out there! My cats want to go out and play with them. Noooooo.
Post a Comment