I saw this warbler at Greenbo Lake one morning while we walked in the rain. I think that it is a Prothonotary Warbler.....but I'm not very good with warblers.
I missed posting it and since I saw saw few birds up close on our trip, I hate to skip it :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hi Mary
Yep, that's a prothonotary warbler. Lovely! I wish we had such colourful warblers over here!
A proto - what? Sometimes I feel relieved that I don't see the same birds here - how can anyone remember such a tongue twister?
Good shot, though!
Cheers, Klaus
Thanks Jenny!
Klaus: If you think that is bad you should go out west with the Phainopepla and Pyrrhuloxia! I have to look those up every time I got to Tucson. Who names these birds??
Please look carefully through your pictures....maybe you will find some other interesting ones you forgot to post. LOL!! I really enjoyed the trip Mary.
Joan: Nope....think that is it!
Oh, i LOVE this bird! I've never seen one of these! Thanks for posting!!
Such a nice picture. I'm not seeing them anymore.
Beautiful bird, love the comp on this.
Kerri: This in one of the two warblers that I've managed to see! I never see any of the others except in blogs.
Becky: It was a lucky shot, because it was raining and the bird took off immediately.
Sandy: Thanks! I wish that I had seen it closer, but they never seem to hold still.
Post a Comment