These are pictures from several days recently. I'm getting behind.
The Blue Jay decided to present his back.....which is the prettiest part anyway :-)
Does this little guy look sad??? He sits around like this looking pathetic.
I keep wondering if something is wrong with it or if it is just young and there is no one to feed it.
It doesn't appear to be starving, but it does a lot more staring at the food then eating of it, even when I give it some already cracked seeds and small stuff.
The White-breasted Nuthatch needed no urging to eat.
3 of our little raccoons were out on the deck last night.
I keep wondering if something is wrong with it or if it is just young and there is no one to feed it.
The woodpecker sneaks over real close underneath and when the squirrel is chewing it grabs a bite real quickly! Funny to watch them.
I went to the wetlands today.....
17 comments:
Your coons are so cute, but I'm glad I haven't seen any around here lately. I'm still taking my seed in at night, just in case.The skunk was here though. We had our bedroom window open, and caught the whif around 4AM.
Pretty butterflies.
Excellent Mary!! I just love those cute racoons!! The outline of the butterfly on the leaf is also interesting for a change although he could have co-operated better!! :) That is definitely a sad looking bird, maybe he knows if he sits like that long enough, someone is going to feed him.LOL!! The skinny petal daisy is one I have not seen before as our are always much broader.
You got a lot of things going on there! A joy to look at!
Cheers, Klaus
That's a very classy looking dragonfly, I really like its design! We have solved our Raccoon problem by not putting food in our feeders this summer, but I am beginning to miss the birds. There are still a few around feeding on the fruit and seeds our gardens produce but I miss their numbers. This is the first summer that we have not fed birds all year long, but in our area they don't really need our help at this time of year.
Becky: I don't encourage the coons and have to take in my seed, too, but there is always some left on that railing that I can't do much about.
Joan: Thanks! I haven't seen a parent with that little sparrow and he doesn't wiggle his wings in anticipation...just looks sad. He does nibble at the cracked stuff in the driveway. That branch of skinny daisys was right in the middle of others that weren't. Strange.
Klaus: Thanks!
Ann: It was a pretty dragonfly and a nice change from all the blue ones that I see. I've considered not feeding the birds in the summer, but I would miss them so much. I'm not good at seeing them in the wild at distances, so if I don't bring them "right to the door" I would never get to really enjoy them.
Hey Mary, I really love that skinny petal picture, they just seem so full of vitality for some reason. Made me smile! (-: PS: Thanks for the skywatch info....
Jen
Thanks and you're welcome. They were a cheerful looking bunch of flowers and I'm glad they made you smile.
All wonderful pictures Mary! I love the skinny daisies too!! Not sure if I'd want that many raccoons around but then I've got guineas to defend!! Ha Ha!
I love your coons and love those skinny petaled flowers!
These are great! I like the last one best - the color is lovely.
Great day, great pictures. I've seen a few raccoons around here, but for the most part they keep their distance.
Raccoons are everywhere!
Eve: Thanks! I think I might prefer the guineas! Cute as the raccoons are, they are a nusiance.
Rose, Helen, Wren, Riverbum: Thank you! I hope the raccoons go away soon.
The detail on the bluejay's back is wonderful, and your other photos are lovely too.
--JB
All in you yard? Wonderful! Love the skinny petaled yellow flowers.
JB: Bluejays always look so pretty with their bright blue and black and white.
Annie: Only the birds and squirrel are in my yard. The flowers and butterflies were at the wetland. However, I have plenty of pokeberries....can't get rid of them and they pop up everywhere!
Oh, I love all of these pics! Especially the last "blending in" one.
I am really far behind on my blog reading but hope to catch up soon :)
Post a Comment