I haven't been outside to take pictures much the last few days. There just isn't anything much out there of interest!
This is called "desperation"......I was shooting pictures of the back of my husband's car on the way home from church yesterday!
I'm constantly shooting clouds for lack of any other subject.
These happen to be pretty cool......like a great big cotton bat ready for quilting.
I did have this goldfinch sit on the fountain and stare.....and stare......maybe it's as bored as I am! Or maybe it wanted me to notice that the fountain could use some cleaning.
This one is still mad about the lack of sunflower seeds.
My cats might be the most exciting life out there......this is Hopey. Does she look hopeful? She is sniffing around for signs of skunk and raccoon invasion.
Ozma, on the other hand, apparently feels about like I do!
The field next door that I photographed with winter wheat a few months ago, is now soy beans.
Just starting to get flowers.
We discovered we have a persimmon tree on the very far corner of our property! Unfortunately it is where the persimmons will fall down into a mass of brambles and weeds by the drainage ditch, so we may not be able to find them. It also has tent caterpillars on it....that is how Mike found it when he was trying to spray a few branches that are infected with them.
The "Surprise" lilies are up! My one touch of color. They always look so strange to me without any leaves around them. I planted them down along the ditch and that was a mistake because they struggle to get any sun.
These happen to be pretty cool......like a great big cotton bat ready for quilting.
Are you bored yet?? I am. Maybe I won't post for a few days unless omething exciting happens. Next week is the Nashville Quilt show (exciting for me, at least)
14 comments:
Even though you say you are bored, you still post some great pictures. I like your cats. They are always doing something worth taking pictures of.
I love that cloud shot and if your area is like ours, there is a new oportunity every minute.
Hang in there and get some pictures from the quilt show. Tomorrow I'm going to TRY to post some pictures of quilt patterns from the Underground Railroad. They all carry a hidden mesage.
Oh dear!! We all have days like this don't we? Well cheer up, things can only improve!! But I like your blog anyway. It forces us to look elsewhere for activity. :)
Becky: I really do need a road trip or something. The clouds have been so fantastic this summer. Will look forward to your quilt patterns! Underground railroad stuff is always intereseting and everyone has a different idea of the details.
Joan: Getting off the computer would be a very good thing for me to do :-) It's this sense of the end of summer that makes me lethargic, I think.
These aren't boring at all!! I love the clouds! I have been amazed at all of the puffy ones we've been having. And I love the goldfiches and the kittys! Please don't stop posting...we love these shots!!
LOL - that's how it goes from time to time!
Cheers, Klaus
Hi Mary, I've felt like that too a couple of time, trouble is I've only been blogging since the new year!!! (-: Love your kitties, my husband and I lost our KT cat just the other week. Today we went to the RSPCA (royal society for the prevention of cruelty to animals) to sign up for another kitten. We have to pass a home test first, so wish us luck!
Love your blog, so don't feel toooooo down! (-:
Jen
the birds and cat are nice
You still came up with a good post...we went on a drive today and I have had a sore throat off and on. The longer we went the worse it got till all I wanted to do was come home.
And your post did remind me I want to take pictures of my surprise lillies but right now I don't feel like it.
There are days where I have a hard time coming up with anything...I usually post something but don't know if that is the way to go when it isn't something I feel from the heart or not.
Perhaps you have a case of summer doldrums ... in my area I am hoping summer will come back for a while as we have had about two weeks + of rainy, cloudy weather. I went for a walk a short while ago, under cloudy skies, and only saw one sparrow... no butterflies or anything else. Still, Mary, you have posted a variety of interesting things!
Thanks, everybody! I think the fact that I have had this cough for so long is part of my problem. I just got an antibiotic, so I know I will perk up soon and feel like getting outside and doing something :-)
Rose: You sound like you have what I've been fighting! Sore throat, cough. Most be spreading through the state :-)
Really nice set of photos Mary. The clouds are great and always worth taking,
Hmm. I hope you wern't driving at the time you took a photo of the back of your husbands car Mary. ? (Tut. Tut)
Roy: Thanks! Well....actually, I was driving. Bad habit...I know.
there is definitely something about August...to me, too long, lethargic etc., the whole thing...
had to laugh at the image of your husband driving away....great subject matter..hahaha.
Post a Comment