Friday, August 29, 2008

Sky Watch Friday......

(New nature posts below)
Time for another Steeple post .......#2 Light breaking through the clouds of darkness

This one has a clock

Modern

Anchor.......hope!
I like this one and have driven by and never noticed the anchor until I started collecting steeples :-)
For more Skywatch Friday posts click on the link of my sidebar. There is always something interesting in the sky to see......what do you see when you look up?

28 comments:

me ann my camera said...

The anchor is amazing!! Is there an old hymn maybe that says something about the church being an anchor in a storm, or something like that? Collecting steeples; what an interesting idea.

John Theberge said...

Lovely photos like the last time you posted your steeple series.

The Birdlady said...

These are so nice to see...This morning when I look up I see gray...we are finally getting some good soaking rain.

Roses and Lilacs said...

Beautiful sky shots. Every time I visit your site, I go back and look at your bird photos. Love 'em. I like the side bar photos. Your cats are so pretty--I'm a great cat fancier too.
Marnie

Jane O' said...

I love the first one and the way the rays are pointing at the steeple.

Mary said...

Ann: There are hymns that refer to anchors ("..in every high and stormy gale, my anchor holds within the veil"). I also know that when they represent "faith, hope, and charity" they use a cross, anchor, and heart.

John: thanks!

Helen: If grey means some rain, I'd welcome the grey :-)

Marnie: Thanks! I love cats and birds both...the birds post better then the cats.

Mary said...

Jane Marie: Thanks! That was a lucky accident I didn't know I was getting, but it made a great photo for skywatch.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: I must say that first photo is reall special, very nice SWF.
You have wonderful photos on your site.

kjpweb said...

Wow - that's a lot of steeples! And a great Skywatch along with it!
Well done, Lady!
Cheers, Klaus

Anonymous said...

Heavenly shots!

Paz

Anonymous said...

Nicely done, Mary. Great skywatch, and I like your idea of "collecting" steeples.

imac said...

You aspire to great things, my fav is the 1st shot.

Anonymous said...

Mary, My favourite is the first shot as well, brilliant.

Mary said...

Thanks everyone! I guess it is only fair that the first shot is the favorite since it stars the sky rather then the steeple :-)

Jenny said...

I shall join everyone else in enjoying the first shot best. There is always something wonderful about being able to see rays of sunshine.

Mary said...

Jenny: Thanks! Rays of hope on any day.

EG CameraGirl said...

I like your idea of keeping a steeple collection. I can see the bumper sticker on the back of my car now: I brake for steeples! ;-)

Mary said...

Your eg tour guide: LOL! I love that! I've missed a few already, because I couldn't find a quick way to stop for them :-) I have several marked to go back and get photos later. And of course I want beautiful clouds or sunset skies behind them when I arrive.

2sweetnsaxy said...

These are great. There's something rather symbolic about these steeples - like arrows of faith pointed towards heaven.

Louise said...

Nice series! I especially love the last steeple. Good post for SWF!

RamblingWoods2.com said...

You have inspired me to get out and take some different photos for SW...

Mary said...

Thanks all! I agree that they are very symbolic...always pointing towards the sky! Sometimes I just like to post something other than clouds or sunsets, even though I love both and have taken a lot of pictures of them this year. It's been a great cloud year!

Becky said...

More great steeple shots. I like the first one with the sun shining through the hole in the clouds.

Mary said...

Becky: I was pleased when I found that shot. When I shoot the sky with the sun, I'm never sure what it will look like until I get the shot back home :-)

DeniseinVA said...

Mary, beautiful SkyWatch photos. I love your steeples, love all your photos. I too go back and have a look at your previous posts and I agree, the photos on the side bar of your darling cats and all those pretty birds are always a joy to see.

Mary said...

Denise: Most of the birds on the sidebar are ones that I see year round. I have lots of photos of them. The first few are summer birds that I only see briefly on their way north. Searching my site by their names might bring up more of the photos from the past. My cats aren't very cooperative at posing, so they don't often get posted.

abb said...

There's a coffee table book here just waiting to be created: "Steeples".

Mary said...

Annie: If you want to create it, I'll provide some of the pictures :-) Someone has undoubtedly already done it. Maybe instead we need a "Steeple Sunday" or some other day.