Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I'm not Irish, but I love green!.....

St. Patrick's Day gives me a chance to re-post some of my favorite "green" shots from last year."Have you noticed
Have you seen...
that God loves green?"
(the opening line of one of my favorite poems. "Color" by Grace Crowell)































With or without other colors....Green is wonderful!
"I can't believe she made me do this!"
Love it! Go Green!
I've got more green over at my This, That, and the Other Thing blog.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely variety of images Mary in this post and the last one. I have a job keeping up with you now. {:)

CountryDreaming said...

My favorite is the lily pads. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: I was with you all the way with that green theme but I've never seen a green squirrel. Quite the find, cute the way you did that changing white to green.

Mary said...

Roy: If my posts keep not posting, you won't have to worry about keeping up!

CountryDreaming: Thanks!

Fishing Guy: What...you don't have green squirrels in Ohio?? "Star" did not appreicate me turning him into a furry leprechaun.

Leedra said...

I really like this post, and you got me laughing this morning with the squirrel. I needed that, laughter is always better than crying and I sure wanted to do that this morning. Been working on website and wiped out parts and really messed up the others beyond repair.

Leedra’s Photos For Fun
Leedra’s Greeting Cards
Photography By Leedra

Kerri Farley said...

These are lovely! And I LOVE how you made the squirrel "go green".
Cute!!

Mary said...

Leedra: I'm sorry you are having a bad day! I remember how upset I was when I realized I had wiped out all my skywatch photos...my own stupidity. Hope it gets better for you!

Kerri: He needs to earn his keep occasionally!

2sweetnsaxy said...

Great collection of God's beautiful greens. That green squirrel is a crack-up! LOL! I'm trying to figure out if he's so hung over he's green or if he's been swimming in one of those green lakes. :-D

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great GREENS, Mary. I love the hummingbird!!!!! And that GREEN squirrel... How cute is that.

Happy St. Patty's Day!
Hugs,
Betsy

Mary said...

2sweetnsaxy: I think he must have gotten into the green beer a little early :-)

Betsy: Thanks! I love the hummingbirds when they come...although I get tired of cleaning their feeder and filling it.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Great green photos.Yes,God does love green and it is the perfect backdrop for all the other colors.
Blessings,Ruth

Eve said...

This is a great post Mary!! Green is my favorite color too and that last photo is too much!!!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Oh I LOVE these Mary!! All except poor old Star. Poor thing!! What did you do to him? He will never live this down. LOL!! Those are beautiful mating butterflies and a georgous dragonfly!! And the frog and the weeds and leaves... :)

George said...

Great photos, Mary. I hope Star got some extra treats after agreeing to appear as a leprechaun!

Mary said...

Ruth: I think that is why I like green...it goes with anything!

Eve:Oh, good...another "greenie"!

Joan: Thanks! No squirrels were harmed by my color treatment :-) Unless he sneaks a peek at my computer, he'll never know.

George: Agree?? You mean I was suppose to ask him??

Becky said...

WOW, Mary. You certainly have shown us plenty of green ! God must have loved this color. He has given us every oportunity to see green each and every day. Even in winter, our house is surrounded with Spruce trees.
Oh my "Star" reminds me back when I was young and the local hatchery always had colored chicks at Easter time.
B.

Mary said...

Becky: Green is such a restful color. Green always makes me think of nature, except when it is a green squirrel :-)

DeniseinVA said...

Fantastic 'green' post. Hope you had a great Saint Patty's Day. Looks like your squirrel drank a little too much 'green' beer - lol.

Rose said...

Great post! I don't have time to enlarge but will be back later.

Mary said...

Denise: Well....he posed under protest as a green leprechaun :-)

Rose:Thanks!

sandy said...

enjoying my catch up and your green squirrel!!!hahahaha.