I got this email today and it seemed so appropriate, even though many of you have a lot better right to the words for your state! Feel free to substitute your state name and pass it on!
It's winter in INDIANA
And the gentle breezes blow
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below.
Oh, how I love INDIANA
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave INDIANA
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground!
(author unknown)
9 comments:
LOL! It doesn't get that cold where I live but I can still appreciate this. :-D
hahahaha, that is funny...
but too cold for me.
Oh how cute!!!! It fits Indiana --and the up-north states, but Tennessee has not had that much bad weather this winter.. I guess that's a good thing although I'd love to have more snow!!! Oh Well!!!
Hugs,
Betsy
Very funny! And my butt IS frozen in Michigan!
Well, you California girls just don't understand snow and ice :-)
Betsy: I hate the ice and hate being stuck at home. It will go away soon and Tucson is beginning to sound real good in a couple weeks!
Shelmo: Yes, I imagine Michigan would be a better fit for this poem then southern Indiana :-) I'm already sick of snow and ice and this is our first of the winter.
I grew up in Indiana, so I can really appreciate your post. Thanks for sharing it with us.
This is very cute Mary. :)
Loved it, thanks for the laugh. We had our first snowfall yesterday and everywhere sure looks pretty, so icy the snow looks like glass in the moonlight. Glad I don't have to go out in it though.
Ruth, George, Joan and Denise: Thanks! You have to smile and laugh as you turn blue.
Post a Comment