Thursday, January 1, 2009

Some just don't get into the spirit of the "new year" concept....

18 comments:

Shelley said...

His fur is so beautiful and he's nice and plump! (I have to tell you - I laugh every time I see that sidebar photo of that squirrel laying on the fencepost! I had a squirrel do that all the time this past summer!)

Leedra said...

Well, I should, but I don't do new year resolutions, so I guess I won't.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Mary said...

Shellmo: He really looked "round" sitting out there today :-) I guess I will have to cut back on the bird seed I put out. That stretched out photo will always be one of my favorites.

Leedra: I don't write resolutions either....know myself too well to know I won't keep them! Same goes for diets, but I do try to eat healthier and avoid some of the bad stuff once the holidays are over.

Cicero Sings said...

On to the program ... as soon as we can after company leaves ... I am SO fooded out!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: I would say that is just staying ready fo 2009. Happy New Year friend.

Eve said...

He looks a little like my Rollie Pollie Ole!!!

Rose said...

He/she looks about like one we had here. With its back to us, it looked like a Hershey's kiss sitting on the post.

(I don't think I know the meaning of the word diet, either;-)

Jenny said...

He certainly looks a porker! Too many mince pies! (-:
Happy New Year to you Mary.

abb said...

For the sake of my very own sanity I have decided to forgo making New Year's Resolutions....for the rest of my life. Humph!

P.S. - Hope your 2009 is chock-full of blessings for you and all your lovies, Mary.
I've really enjoyed getting to ~know~ you these past months. May it continue!
xoabb

Dorothy said...

What a cute and fat little squirrel! Looks like we both need to go on a diet! I've had too many good munchies during December!

Mary said...

I'm with Cicero...I'm "fooded out"! Too much is too much! Maybe I'll post his photo on the fridge to remind me that it is time to throw out the rest of the sweets and get back to normal :-) Actually, when he took off, he didn't look so fat, so maybe it is just the way he is sitting...that's what I always tell myself, anyway.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

LOL!! He sure needs a diet!! But I guess when some kind lady feeds them so well, what is a squirrel to do except eat what is offered. :)

Becky said...

My goodness he's a fat little critter. Must be you are feeding him well. He probably doesn't even have to store up food for the winter.
B.

Mary said...

Joan: I'm sure he was just "fluffed" up in the cold :-)

Becky: He's storing it...on his body :-)

Anne på Moseplassen said...

haha!
happy new year to you and Star and all the other visitors you get in the garden :D
Thank you for all your lovely post, and all your lovely comments :)

Mary said...

Anne: Happy New Year, to you, too!

sandy said...

Ohhhh what a cutie. I'm feeling a sketch coming on...!

Mary said...

Sandy: Oh, goody...my own inspired Sandy sketch!