We had numerous power surges last night, so we powered the computer down and I didn't get to set a post up until now. That lets me include a few quick photos of the ice that came overnight.
The deck area
Wonder if the birds can get in here???
Front yard and feeders and trees covered in ice and snow
The ornamental cherry by the front door
As soon as I was back in the house, the swarms started. The Red-Bellied beat the Downy to the favorite suet, but there are still a couple out there. I'm running low on everything.....of course....since we now have weather that will keep me stuck at home.
I stood across the room to take this, because I don't want to keep the birds away from the food. I hope all those bully birds don't show up today, although I know they are hungry, too.
A few shots from yesterday before it got so bad out.
A few shots from yesterday before it got so bad out.
15 comments:
Wonderful shots as usual. It just amazes me that this weather doesn't stop the birds and that they don't need any little coats. I can appreciate the "frozen butt" line in your post above this one even more. Brrrrr!
I wondered how much snow you had--we didn't get the ice but got lots of snow.
Love your icicle shots!
Love those starling photos and man oh man, you are cold there. Great photos. Hope Mike does well commuting in this.
Great winter pics. I am sure the birds were extra appreciative
An Arkie's Musings
Oh Mary---It's beautiful--but hopefully you didn't lose nay trees or your electricity. Scary, huh????
I'd love to see some snow here--but now all of that ice. It does make great pictures though..
And those poor birdies.. Feel so sorry for them. The Cardinal with the frozen tail ---OH how sad!
Thanks for the great pictures.
Hugs,
Betsy
Some great pictures here, I've had a bunch of birds visiting my feeders today too.
Ohhhh ... quite the ice storm. Ice is so hard on everything and everybody!
2sweetnsaxy: I don't know how the birds stand it either. I can't imagine sleeping outside in this!
Sandy: He managed to get to and from work today and a neighbor plowed our road tonight...yeah!
Richies: Mike bought me more seed, so they won't starve now.
Betsy: We didn't lose electricity, but Mike's parents did. The ice brought lots of limbs down everywhere.
Rottlady: I just wished it didn't bring out the starlings and cowbirds who usually stay away from my feeders. Doesn't seem fair to the regulars!
Cicero: It was pretty nasty and lots of damage around the city. I'm glad it won't last long.
You guys are really getting some tough weather.Stay safe please.
Blessings,Ruth
The ice looks beautiful on the trees, but it's about the worse possible weather we could have. I hope your power stays on and that you are all safe.
Ruth: Thanks! I hate the damage it does to trees and bushes.
George: It really brought down plenty of limbs. We have underground lines, so unless someone takes out a pole on the highway, we are OK. We don't very often lose power.
Great post, love the icicles on the feeders, but I am sure the birds don't like them there at all.
Leedra’s Photos For Fun
Leedra’s Greeting Cards
Photography By Leedra
Wow, you did get SOME weather didn't you. Super pictures Mary. That poor Cadinal with her tail frozen. Must be your squirrels stayed high and dry and warm. Apparently they didn't venture out.
Hope tomorrow is better. We got 19" of snow today, but no ice thank goodness.
B.
Please remind me never to visit you in winter!! :) That is FREEZING!! I would curl up into a ball and die!! :)
Leedra: I removed the icicles after I took the photo :-) Got to help all I can!
Becky: I had 3 of my 8 squirrels out there, but had trouble getting decent photos of them in the dim light. I bet they come out today.
Joan: LOL! Actually, as you have seen up to now, we have very mild winters. This is probably our only "big" storm of the winter.
Post a Comment