(Second post below....I'm catching up again!)
I took these before I went to Iowa and never got them posted.
This Great Blue Heron had just landed on the wetland's lake and started around the edge looking for fish to eat.
The ducks that had been eating at the edge of the lake started "stalking" along after it!
"Quick...turn your backs, act nonchalant! Don't let him see us!"
After him once again......maybe they thought he would lead to food??
Makes it hard to catch fish with a bunch of ducks paddling beside you!
He finally got one strike in.....came up empty unless it was really small.
Ducked under the boardwalk to try the other side. One lone wild duck.....amazed at how much smaller it seemed than the others.
For more Water Wednesday posts, click on the icon on my sidebar.
For more Water Wednesday posts, click on the icon on my sidebar.
Thanks to 2Sweetnsaxy for hosting this fun site!
24 comments:
LOL!! Pesky ducks!! Can't they leave one alone to have a peaceful supper!! I love your humor Mary. Great pictures too!!
Joan: Thanks! It was really sort of comical to watch them follow him everywhere he went. I don't know why he didn't just fly to the other side away from them.
Wonderful photo of the blue heron, almost like a watercolor painting. Those ducks were certainly giving him a hard time!
I love that muted color, with the black ducks.
Great series of shots and the narrative made me smile as I viewed them. Cool! :-) Thanks for participating in Watery Wednesday! :-D
I love photos of birds, I'm not very good at taking them. Enjoyed yours.
Love the heron photos. Such interesting birds, I could sit and watch them for hours.
Marnie
Gotta watch those stalking ducks. Great series of shots! Blogger is playing tricks on me again - you may get this twice.
It seems he was the Pied Piper. :)
I loved the photo essay - great shots!
I really like the framing on the first one.
Love the story you are telling. It must have been amazing to watch it take place.
Mary, you must always be on the go. I love the photos you bring back.
I love those pics, thanks for sharing.
Cheers
http://reginainpictures.blogspot.com/
Wow, intrigue at the wetlands! You just never know who will pop up beside you, especially if its one of those ducks that can swim underwater, they can just pop up anywhere! Neat pictures.
Another great series of photographs Mary, such a pleasure to look at them.
You got some really great pictures.
I love those ducks. Maybe their paddleing around stirred up all the little fish which would be good for the old Heron.I can't believe he would stay around while they got so close.
Your commentary makes the pictures come alive.
Just caught up from Sunday. Your great blue w/duck is just a wonderful photo capture. The bird bathing, I love. That Ruby Tuesday cardinal is perfection!
Obviously I visit sporadically, but visit I do! And I manage to catch up on each of your simply delightful posts, Mary! Thank you for your slice of blog life!
I love that one with the ducks following the heron--he was the pied piper! Great captures all the way around.
I love looking at those big Herons. Nice watery pictures.
I enjoyed this sequence of images. Great blue herons surely are one of the most elegant water birds in the world.
Thank you everyone for visiting! I did think it was very strange for the ducks to follow the heron like they did and that the heron didn't just fly away. Never know what you might see in the bird world...that's for sure!
Annie: You have great perseverance :-) I know what a job it can be to catch up!
Mary: Really cool photos of the Great Blue Heron and the stalking ducks. This was a neat post.
Fishing Guy: Thanks!
Post a Comment