One is more beautiful than the other!! How would I ever beable to choose between them if given the choice. Imagine the hours of work put into these. Wow!! I think some people are very, very talented!! Thanks for sharing Mary and come back soon!! LOL!!
Tom: Most are not for sale, but when I have seen art quilts for sale on-line, they are like any other art and these would probably have prices in the 100's to 1000's of dollars. Bed quilts often are $600+. I would love to own a really good nature themed art quilt! I particularly liked the loons.
Amazing quilts Mary. Quilting is so big in America it seems to me. I've visited the Des Moines area many times as I have friends in Perry a small town NW of there. My husband made some Arts and Crafts furniture for the local hotel there. Cheers Jen
I so admire all of you that quilts. Such beauty! Love all of these, but I think the loon quilt is my favorite with the corn stalk quilt a close second...beautiful!!!
Awesome. I particularly value quilting as a folk art that has supported and been supported by women, and by the communal nature of traditional quilting. These are lovely beyond words, and I have the greatest admiration for the artists.
Thank you everyone and I will make an album available eventually with all the photos. I focused here on the nature themed ones, but of course there were plenty more with traditional piecing and patterns, also.
Jenny: I thought that Des Moines was a beautiful city and have a few more shots to post. That is interesting about your husband and his furniture! Would love to see some of what he makes.
I've been lifted up on Your wings of love, Raised from the grave of sin and despair, I can soar to the top of Your holy mountain Your wings of grace will carry me there. I will humble myself in Your sight, And bow low to the King of Kings! And wait in joy and hope and peace..... As I'm lifted on grace filled wings. (by Mary Freeman)
Christian, wife, mother, quilter, reader, writer, photographer. My blog title originated when all my blogs were one. Faith, Fabric and Photos is my main blog.
18 comments:
One is more beautiful than the other!! How would I ever beable to choose between them if given the choice. Imagine the hours of work put into these. Wow!! I think some people are very, very talented!! Thanks for sharing Mary and come back soon!! LOL!!
Mary- Wow, those are fairly amazing. I wonder how much things like that cost?
Tom
Mary: I don't call those quilts, I call them works of art. Loved the Great Blue Heron and the Loons.
Tom: Most are not for sale, but when I have seen art quilts for sale on-line, they are like any other art and these would probably have prices in the 100's to 1000's of dollars. Bed quilts often are $600+. I would love to own a really good nature themed art quilt! I particularly liked the loons.
Joan: Yes, I always stand there in awe.
Fishing Guy: You are right and these quilters are "fiber artists" as well as quilters :-) The loons were one of my favorites, too!
Amazing quilts Mary. Quilting is so big in America it seems to me. I've visited the Des Moines area many times as I have friends in Perry a small town NW of there. My husband made some Arts and Crafts furniture for the local hotel there.
Cheers
Jen
Birds on quilts! How good can it get!
Those are just unbelievable. The one with the loons and the other with a raccoon--they look three dimensional. What amazing art.
Marnie
Some amazing quilts! That I was so artistic!! Sigh.
I'm not a quilter,but someone has put a lot of time and effort into these quilts.I do admire the work-Beautiful.
Quite amazing Mary.
thanks for the quilt show! It was just what I needed.
Each time you post more quilt pictures, they get more amazing. I tried to pick out a favorite, but I CAN"T. I want them all.
Have a safe trip.
I so admire all of you that quilts. Such beauty! Love all of these, but I think the loon quilt is my favorite with the corn stalk quilt a close second...beautiful!!!
Wow, wish I had some of those beautiful quilts in my house. Wonderful photos!
Awesome. I particularly value quilting as a folk art that has supported and been supported by women, and by the communal nature of traditional quilting. These are lovely beyond words, and I have the greatest admiration for the artists.
Thank you everyone and I will make an album available eventually with all the photos. I focused here on the nature themed ones, but of course there were plenty more with traditional piecing and patterns, also.
Jenny: I thought that Des Moines was a beautiful city and have a few more shots to post. That is interesting about your husband and his furniture! Would love to see some of what he makes.
Amazing quilts and ...gosh hard to pick my favorite. I love that turtle below...well all of them are great.
Post a Comment