Sunday, October 26, 2008

Squirrel Sunday.....Mission (almost) Impossible

This is Garvin......I found him at Garvin Park (clever, right?) His mission.....if he chooses to accept it.........is trying to find where he buried the acorn!

Over here??.......

......hmm, this patch of dirt looks sort of familiar.....

You know.....after a while all this dirt and leaves looks a lot alike.

I need a GPS. You people get to use them to find stuff, why not me????
I'm almost positive this is the place....

Why did I bury the stupid thing so far down????

Ah ha! .....told you! I knew where it was all the time!

Mission accomplished!
Have a wonderful Sunday, and I hope you find where all the blessings are buried!
Anne at Moseplassen has a cute "potted squirrel" today :-)

20 comments:

me ann my camera said...

Oh Garvin, you are so clever! Have you met Mary yet? She will make you a star as she is so very witty and clever! Happy Squirrel Sunday!!

Glad that you liked my witch, I was waiting for you to find her. I made her several years ago in a flurry of a few hours to hang in my classroom.

Eve said...

Very sweet and thank you Mary!! Right back at you!!!

Arija said...

Great squirrel shots and sequence and I just love that tail!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Perfect story to go with the pictures.Animals are so fascinating.Blessings to you.

Becky said...

Mary, Garvin is adorable. I often wonder about those squirrels and how they remember where they bury acorns. They must have dozens of them all over.
He sure is a cutie!. Must be he has a map ? ?
Have a happy Sunday.

RamblingWoods2.com said...

Is that a red squirrel? Cute...

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Gosh, I was quite anxious there for a moment Mary....what if he did not find it? He needs X-ray eyes like Superman. Poor thing might have starved!! LOL!! LOL!! Thanks for my Sunday smile!! Long live Star!!

Anonymous said...

So the Squirrel does know where his nuts are then Mary!

Mike said...

Another brilliant sequence Mary, nice one.

Mary said...

Thanks everyone....it's nice to have such great blog friends! Garvin thanks you, too. I don't think there is much doubt that they some how know exactly where all the nuts are buried....I wonder if he's looked in Washington yet? I believe we keep sending a lot of them there :-)

Ann: I figured that you must have made that clever witch! I bet the kids loved it.

Rambling Woods:This is a Fox Squirrel. This is the type I see most often...orange belly and tail highlights instead of white like on the grey squirre.

Jenny said...

Your squirrel adventures are great Mary, make me smile. Garvin sounds like a posh Gavin I think! (-:

Cicero Sings said...

Enjoyed your squirrel sequence and story today! Squirrels are such captivating little rodents ... one can't help but smile.

Rose said...

Garvin looks sleek and healthy! Aren't they adorable! Thanks for the smile...

2sweetnsaxy said...

That was too cute! I tried to capture some squirrels yesterday. I had a little luck but nothing like this. This was great. Thanks for the smile. :-)

April said...

This is funny! What a great photo story! Lots of laughs from me. Have a wonderful Sunday and week, also.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: What a fun romp with the Squirell. Your photos and writing were really cute.

BTW: I keep Crappie, Perch. Bluegill and consider them all excellant table fare. Lake Erie is a neat place to fish.

Mary said...

Thanks everyone!

Fishing Guy: I would love to have your black squirrels...they are so different! I went through your blog looking at all your posts about them.

The Birdlady said...

Yay! That's one tree that won't come up where you don't want it!

Kerri Farley said...

Glad your post didn't self destruct in 5 seconds :)
Cute Mission Impossible squirrel post!

kjpweb said...

Sweet! Garvin, huh? How did you come up with such an original name? ;)
Love the Mallards and songbirds, too!
Cheers, Klaus