Last Saturday we went down to the Ohio River waterfront to visit the LST boat (more on that later) This is a view of the Evansville skyline from the marina. Evansville is located on a horseshoe bend of the river and I'm always amazed at just how tight the bend here is! The downtown city area is right at the apex of the bend. The river itself belongs to Kentucky.....which is really wrong in my opinion. There are actually small parts of Kentucky on our side of the river, because the river moved years ago.
Lots of water........The Ohio River!
The riverbank on our side with Kentucky in the distance.
And.....
Back home we have the "little" water......
I call these two Felix (the neat one on the left) and Oscar (the messy one of the right!)
Even their splashing styles reflect their neat and messy personalities :-)
This tiny bit of water is the most popular place around....their own little island party place :-)
Sorry.....I just can't get enough of these cute sparrows!
For more "Watery Wednesday" posts, click on the link on my sidebar!
For more "Watery Wednesday" posts, click on the link on my sidebar!
Thanks to 2sweetnsaxy for hosting this site!
For my husband's Watery Wednesday post click here: LVT - Alligator
19 comments:
Those were so much fun! Those little guys playing in the water just made me smile. You showed to water party places. Cool!
:-D
Love the playful sparrows!
The Ohio looks much clearer there than here.
Here in Parkersburg (WV) the river is split down the middle. The state line is in the middle of the bridges as you cross from state to state.
Thanks for stopping by! I'm enjoying Watery Wednesday and am glad you started it, 2sweetnsaxy!
Carletta: I think the river should be split by 2 states no matter where the banks used to be! When we got a casino boat and it was suppose to cruise, it had a hard time being able to stay on "our part" of the river and be legal! They finally said it didn't have to cruise and it now sits all the time. Kentucky has a horse racing track on our side of the river where horse racing is illegal! Crazy! Rivers move....it should not make a difference to obvious boundaries.
cute-cute sparrows :D
Anne: Aren't they just adorable??
The bathing sparrows are so sweet. I loved your shots of the Ohio River. My it is a wide river!
A wonderful series, and the birds bathing, love those little guys. Great photos. Thank you.
They are fun - and obviously enjoying your bird bath!
Cheers, Klaus
I love watching birds in the bath. They always seem to be having such a good time.
Your photos of all those partyers on the tiny island are a fun comparisin to the birds partying in the birdbath. Love it! Funny how how a tiny bit of one state would be on the other side of the river, but the state lines were drawn a long time ago. I guess no one figured the river would change its course slightly, eh?
I'm late again. But better late than never.
Those sparrows are so cute, and I like your names for them. The water looks so inviting. It's pouring here tonight and quite cool. Not exactly the kind of water I'm thinking of. Happy Wenesday.
Hello everyone and thanks for your comments! I've been gone all night, so I will just give a general reply :-) I do appreciate all who stop by.
Oscar and Felix are funny funny funny!
Hi Mary - I'm a little later than the others, but in my defense, it's still Wednesday afternoon here in Hawaii.
I am struck by how big that river is. (I'm not familiar with that part of the US.) That's a lot more water than I would have imagined.
By the way, we have a similar bird bath in our garden -- made out of a big plant saucer -- and we also notice that different birds definitely have different styles of bathing, splashing, etc.
Thanks for visiting The Right Blue.
Wow, lots showed up for the bath. Nice pictures.
Looks like you are off to a nice start with the bird count!
Really lovely photographs Mary. Those sparrows are cute. I can watch them for hours when they splash around like that.
Great photos for WW..the HOSP always empty my bird bath...
we used to have so many of these bird overhere, same species.. but now they are lesser.
Post a Comment