I feel I'm neglecting my birds, but the goldfinches and pine siskins are chasing everyone else away at the moment.

I've got Goldfinches in any direction you might want them.....lots of them!

The Carolina Wren sneaked in for a bit of suet.

So did the White-Breasted Nuthatch....

....which I always think has the prettiest underside tail area with that rusty color and white patches.

This Pine Siskin is a bit territorial! The Goldfinches get that way too on the niger sack.
I keep hoping for a few more birds before the count ends! I bet on November 1st all my missing regulars will decide to show up :-)

Just a bit of oak leaf color from the wetlands.
More color tomorrow and Friday.
9 comments:
I totally love wrens...love their cheerful song. and it is such a big song from such a little bird. I like their friendly personality...
What a great blog you have here.. Enjoyed the post and lovely photos!! :)
Great shots! LOVE LOVE LOVE your new header!!!!
Mary: All really neat captures, nicelly done.
Rose: I love them too and think they are a lot of fun to watch...always so perky :-)
Michele: Thanks for stopping by!
Kerri: It was one of my favorite shots of the ducks...I love her feathers.
Fishing Guy: Thanks!
Lovely pics Mary. I wonder why some of the birds are always upside-down? LOL!!
seeing your birds makes me miss mine.
Joan: It does seem funny that some are just as comfortable upside down as they are right side up!
Sandy: I hope you find some new ones! I dread ever moving from here and not having my birds out there every day....alhtough it would save me a fortune in birdfood.
Cracking shots Mary, the wren is a beauty.
Post a Comment