
October???......this looks like spring!

A mystery warbler that showed up for the count! I got several terrible photos.

These two were the best shots.....it kept doing something in the Silver Maple tree, jumping around from branch to branch.

I can always count on doves!

I have at least 3 titmice right now. I really love these cute perky little birds!

I have at least 2 chickadees and when one sees the other it gets all "huffed" up. I didn't get a good shot of that. Territorial?

One of the sparrow babes in the tree eyeing the suet.

This poor little sparrow has "landing gear" problems. Every time the flock swarms down to the drive, he lands and tumbles on his nose. Then he sits and eats on his belly. I'm assuming it has a foot or leg problem. It seems to be able to fly and eat......just can't keep up as well as the others.

This female cardinal posed for quite a while and didn't fly away, which makes me think she is young. Most of the cardinals are very jumpy.

An older male cardinal that is all red.........

.......and a junior that is in transition! I've got several of these scruffy looking males and females that don't have red beaks yet.

The bluejay was a pleasant surprise! I haven't seen one in months!

A male Goldfinch that is molting....pretty scruffy looking!

I liked the way this House Finch looked....half in the shadow.

Not birds, obviously! What an assortment of sizes on one pod! Too bad birds don't eat these things because I have a lot of them.......from teeny tiny to large!
I've probably already seen most of the birds I will see for the whole month! I'm only missing about 4 regulars........I saw the Red Bellied Woodpecker on Tuesday, but he didn't come back to get counted yet....darn!
17 comments:
Great feeder shots, you sure are getting a variety of birds.
Poor little sparrow!! I especially like the bluejay, they always looks so cheerful. It seems like you had a good count Mary. :)
John: They are beginning to pick back up! Most of these were here all summer, but haven't visited the feeders as much.
Joan: You should join the count! It would be interesting to see what birds you see in your yard in South Africa!
Great loot! And you photographed these birds so well! I so wish to have feeders as well - but no dice...
Cheers, Klaus
Klaus: Why no feeders? You might have trouble getting those big birds that you photograph to come to the feeders!
Great variety Mary and nice pics.
Just a gorgeous array! I love your cardinal juvie - all mine this year turned out to be females.
Man, you have a lot of birds! I sure enjoy your pictures of them.
Lovely selection of birds Mary.
Mike, Helen, Rose, Roy: Thanks! It's good to see so many coming back for the cooler weather. I'm paying more attention with trying to count for the October count :-)
I love you Titmouse! They are so cute. Wish we had them here.
Mary: Love your bird photos, it looks like you feed them to bring them in. How neat, I showed a bunch of different ones that visited my Ohio Buckeye Tree the other day.
I don't think my numbers will fare well in this competition. I had only nine species the first day and nothing new yesterday, except of a skyfull of rain, rain, and more rain. You have a wonderful group of bird visitors. Maybe clearing skies today will be more inviting to those passer bys on their way south.
ann
NW Nature Nut: My Titmice are the most faithful at the moment :-) I didn't see any new birds for the count yesterday.
Fishing Guy: Thanks for stopping by...will check out your buckeye tree. I feel like I know you from seeing your name on so many blogs I visit :-)
Ann: Well...we have a whole month! I've probably seen almost every bird that is likely to stop here. I don't get too many more except a few different sparrows I haven't seen for a while. I bet you will have a bunch of warblers!
Great shots for the count. I am working on it too. I can't help with the warbler..Love the juve cardinal..
You sure had a field day! These are wonderful. :-)
Thanks! I love it when I get to see a lot of variety and I do my best picture taking in my own yard :-)
Post a Comment