Thursday, October 2, 2008

SkyWatch Friday.....take aim!

We had an interesting time touring the LST ship and Mike will be posting more "technical" aspects of that visit in his blog (his first Skywatch post!). While he took photos of different parts of the ship, I just kept seeing "skywatch" views! Sighting the clouds

Taking aim

Pulleys against the sun and sky

Here comes the sun....

Parachute!

A tiny bit of sky inside the chute!

Knots....

.....and flags!
OK...that's the "arty" view.....now visit Mike's blog for the LST ship information :-)
http://www.andthingsthatgo.blogspot.com/
Totally unrelated.....on the way home we passed where they were setting up"The Beast" for a Halloween spook house! Looks impressive with the sky......but not too spooky in the daytime.

For more SkyWatch Friday posts, click on the icon on my sidebar.
Thanks to all who help host Skywatch and keep it going!
Look to the skies!

35 comments:

Carletta said...

Such varied and wonderful images!
I had to smile when I saw the 'monster' - what fun!

chrome3d said...

Don´t point that thing on me! You really have an eye for detail. That beast was indeed impressive. So big and creepy!

Becky said...

I like all your different clouds. They're everywhere. The Beast is very impressive. I wouldn't want to meet him on a dark night. or in the daytime either.
Happy SWF.
I love your Header. It looks like one of them is barking out the orders.

Rose said...

I like them all but i love the tiny bit of sky/parachute one.

Guy D said...

Great pics, especially the 2nd one with the crosshairs. Thanks for sharing and great blog

Cheers

http://reginainpictures.blogspot.com/

earthlingorgeous said...

I love the parachute shot! :) My first sky watch photo here please do drop by. Thanks :)

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: I liked your artsy shots but that monster must look really spooky at night.

DeniseinVA said...

What great photos, just love them.

Anonymous said...

wow you certainly had a fabulous day out - what a variety of shots - well done you :) take care, love Judyx

me ann my camera said...

Mary, all great skywatch pictures and I love the pattern within the parachute. And what a HUGE beast lying on the beach! Hallowe'en decorations are so much fun! I have been checking my mail daily, I'll let you know when.
ann

TwD said...

How interesting...and all those birds, I have to come back!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Lovely shots Mary. I love that "beast". It is enough to scare anyone. LOL!!

Unknown said...

You have some really great photos on your blog, enjoyed it.

Eve said...

Happy Friday Mary! Great pictures! Wild monster!

Anonymous said...

Nice images Mary. That's a interesting way of lining up the clouds.

EG CameraGirl said...

I think the creature looks kind of spooky!

You found some beautiful clouds for this week's Sky Watch!

Mary said...

Thanks everyone! I'll get back to birds tomorrow...hopefully :-)

Ann: I hope it comes soon...I'll start worrying about it not getting there.

Roses and Lilacs said...

Love seeing all you birds. Excellent photos.
Marnie

Roses and Lilacs said...

Oops, think I posted the bird comment in the wrong place. Oh well, I like the sky watch photos too. Love the first with the huge gun sights, that's cool. That monster is cute, not to scarry. Looks like something from a scifi movie.
Marnie

John Theberge said...

I like that sleeping beast, I'll bet it comes awake during the night.

Mary said...

Marnie and John: I'm sure the kids and adults are both enjoying it! I'll have to try to get a nighttime shot. They probably light it up.

Mike's Travels said...

Great shots. I now what you mean, I'm always seeing skywatch photos everywhere!

RamblingWoods2.com said...

I love your varied photos for SW..and the beast..LOL..

Ivar Østtun said...

Cool! A wonderful idea for SWF. Excellent photos. Have a nice weekend :-)

Jenny said...

Hi Mary, lovely lot of skywatch photos, I wish I could be as prolific....maybe one day....
By the way, can you tell me how I get the skywatch logo onto my blog like you have please? Cheers
Jen Wren

Anonymous said...

What great photos, even if the inside of the chute could make me dizzy.

Isn't it interesting how you're always looking for skywatch photos once you join the meme?

Angie said...

This is a really great series of photos, thanks for sharing them on SW

Mary said...

Thank you everyone!Skywatch is always so much fun to do :-) Thanks to those who host it every week.

2sweetnsaxy said...

Cool! These were great. When I got to that last one I first thought.. is that a new kind of parachute? LOL!

Mary said...

2sweetnsaxy: LOL! It would certainly be a strange one!

Yrsa said...

What a fun way of interpreting skywatch :)

SaraG said...

Great photo's!!

Mary said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

cool sky watch photos and I like mikes blog set too! I had to giggle at the racoon!
Happy weekend to you!

sandy said...

wow! that monster is something...