Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sky Watch Friday...sky as a backdrop to autumn

It's Skywatch Friday and I'm using the sky today to highlight the beautiful color that is peaking here in the Midwest.









For more Skywatch Friday click on the icon on my side bar.
Look at the sky and everything wonderful in it!
Autumn will be gone all too soon and we will want to remember all this lovely color!

32 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning autumnal shots

Katney said...

I've never been as aware of the fall colors as I am this year.

Becky said...

You are right Mary. I was amazed today at the bare trees around here. Yours are spectacular still.
Happy SWF.

Carletta said...

I have to say Mary that these are stunning! We are past our peak here so this is a beautiful reminder.

Knitting Mania said...

Awww this reminds me of "Autumn in New England", where I grew up!

Beautiful color!!!!

Pea in a Pod said...

Amazing and such beautiful captures of the blue skies and the autumn leaves! Don't you just adore Autumn?:) My fave shot is the second to the last. the one with the fence!

Mine are up HERE and HERE. If you get a chance ;) Happy SWF!

me ann my camera said...

Lovely skywatch, lovely fall colour, ours has mostly gone; how interesting to see your seasons peaking a few weeks after ours. Hope its not the same story with snow! Love your house and yard and pond in your previous post!

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely amazing photographs Mary. Well done.

Eve said...

Ahhhhhh....thank for bringing me autumn again Mary!

The Birdlady said...

Gracious, Mary...I had a hard time looking at the sky with those marvelous leaves there! Beautiful.

John Theberge said...

Awesome photos, sights like that are already past around here.

Roses and Lilacs said...

What a pretty blue sky backdrop to those gorgeous leaves. Won't it be sad when they finally fall and the trees are left bare skeletons?
Marnie

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Beautiful!These pictures allow me to enjoy the colors of fall a second time.Thanks.

Mary said...

Thank you everyone and I'm glad to provide a spot of color for those who are already receiving that "white stuff". I want to enjoy this while I have it!

AphotoAday said...

Great color -- we don't see much of that out here in the west...

Vic said...

wow! those leaves remind me of autumn. how i wished we have that here in the philippines. :)

Jack and Joann said...

What a fun quilt of October trees at their peak.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I am so envious of these beautiful photos Mary!! :) Here they go from green to brown and nothing inbetween. LOL!!

Connie T. said...

Beautiful shots of the red trees against the blue sky.

Mary said...

Thank you everyone! It's so pretty here right now....lulling us into winter gently :-)

Unknown said...

Great shots and lovely autumn colours.

SaraG said...

BEAUTIFUL photo's. Love all the fall colors!
Take care

Cathy said...

Beautiful skies and fall colors - especially the first 2.

2sweetnsaxy said...

Autumn definitely creates the most amazing colors and you sure captured them all. Nice job.
:-)

Rose said...

Mary, you captures some lovely color here! It is going to be over too soon for me. I wish we had about 6 months of fall, then divide the rest between spring, summer and winter.

Louise said...

Wow! So many different colors, and beautiful skies behind. Wonderful!

Celeste said...

What a beautiful series of photos and fabulous colours too. Thank you.

Arija said...

WOW! Autumn really has come your way in all it's splendour. Fabulous colours, jusr amazing, especially against the blue sky.

Mary said...

Thank you everyone....I may have to look at these a lot when the cold and gloom gets here :-)

Anonymous said...

brilliant colors

Anne på Moseplassen said...

great colors :D

DeniseinVA said...

Hi Mary, sorry I am so late getting to you on these but just wanted to say what great colors of Autumn. Beautiful photographs.