Thursday, October 30, 2008

Nightmare on Oregon Street......

And you thought you've seen Halloween decorations??!!
I thought about posting these for My World, but don't really want people to think that all of Evansville is like this! This is one house in a very small crowded neighborhood that goes nuts at Halloween and Christmas! It is hard to take one photo of the whole thing. He has built wooden tiers in the side yard that he fills with every decoration he can get! These are last years photos, because when we tired to go over there last week, he did not have all of the lights on yet....must be saving energy this year! This is an annual thing and people from all over the city come to stand in amazement....I guess it's amazement anyway.

Black cats and witches....

.... bats and monsters and Snoopy....

.......1000's of lights!.....(must cost a fortune!)....

.....Frankenstein's monster.....
......spooks in a car.....

.....even animated pop-up monsters....

.....pumpkins!....

......a little bit of everything....

....giant purple spiders....

.....creepy skulls...

.......every inflatable ghost in the entire world.....

....and Tigger, too!.....

Somehow a witch crashing into a pumpkin seems to sum it all up!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
(There will be 3 times this much stuff at Christmas, believe it or not!)

15 comments:

The Birdlady said...

I always wonder where these people put all that stuff between holidays!

Eve said...

Wow now that is something...quite a treat for the kids!

Becky said...

I can just imagine a strong wind blowing all this stuff into the next county. LOL.
Somebody has way too much time on their hands.
Great shots of it all.

John Theberge said...

Wow, that's crazy, I can't believe someone would decorate that much at Halloween.

Roses and Lilacs said...

I love it--this guy has so much excitement and energy. Weird and wonderful. Be interesting to talk to him and find out what inspired his decorating frenzy;)

As Birdlady says, where does he store it all after Halloween?

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: That is amazing.

abb said...

I wouldn't want to pay his electric bill! But how fun!

Can't wait to see his Christmas display.

Mary said...

He seems to be a bit of a holiday fanatic! I'm serious when I say her puts up 2-3 times as much for Christmas! He used to use the lot across the street for some of it. When we went by this year it looked like he was building a huge barn or garage behind all of this. Maybe that is to be for storage or maybe he is going to do an indoor display...who knows? I always wonder how he can afford to do it and what the neighbors think about all the constant traffic and lights!

sandy said...

I have never seen anything like this, done for halloween. Wow, thanks for sharing these photos!!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

LOL!! Looks like fun!!

Mary said...

Sandy: It always seems like such a lot to me for Halloween, too.

Joan: Well....it's obviously fun for him, but I wonder about the neighbors. I like going to see it every year and Christmsa, too. He brings happiness to a lot of kids, I am sure!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Wow! Now that's a lot of Halloween! I love Halloween. We decorate quite a bit, but he's got me beat by a landslide!

2sweetnsaxy said...

Wow! And I'm LOL@ the birdlady's reply. I wonder where they put all this stuff between Holidays too. Makes me wonder what Christmas is like if they went to this extreme for Halloween.

Arija said...

Now that is really going over the top. There is so much junk there you can't take in the meaning!

Anonymous said...

Half of me thinks this is fun and would go look at it every year.

The other half is really, really glad the house is not anywhere near my neighborhood.