Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mrs. Mallard......

I went to the park to watch the ducks and geese today and fell in love with Mrs. Mallard. There were several, so these may not all be the same one. I just love all of her colors and patterns and she was so willing to pose :-)

I think this is my favorite shot......a duck ball!

She was really into grooming which gave me a good chance to photograph details.

She very meticulously worked on each and every feather...

She looks like a gourd in this one!

Her head is very pretty with its grey and tan.

An interesting pose while cleaning the under sides :-)

The bill always seems like the part that doesn't "belong" color-wise.

Neck.....

.......tail.

Wing fan with extended foot :-)

I just like the light on this one.

Lovely patterns on her back!

Apparently she was tired of being studied!
I may feature the male Mallard tomorrow, but I took fewer shots :-)

19 comments:

A Colorful World said...

Gorgeous duck photos! These are absolutely wonderful!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my My World Tuesday pics! I have looked at each of your blogs and just love them! What a great idea to have a Bible study blog! I'd love to add you to my Friends list, and I want to mention you to my Mom too....check her out at http://bartonsinwakefield.blogspot.com and also come back by my blog anytime!
(Another blog you may love is http://mawdot.blogspot.com)
Have a wonderful day!
Marie

Anonymous said...

These are just fantastic Mary.

DeniseinVA said...

Good Morning Mary, these are fantastic shots. Love them all. Thanks for stopping by.

Mary said...

Marie: Thank you for stopping by and I will check out those links. Feel free to add me to your friends list...one can't have too many friends :-)

Roy and Denise: The ducks were just so content to pose right in front of me....they are fed regularly and pretty tame. It was a lovely day to study them.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Brilliant shots here Mary. You make me jealous of all your great bird shots! :)

Dorothy said...

What wonderful clear and close-up photography!!! I love to try to make pictures of birds, flowers and butterflies.

Blessings on you for your Bible Study Blog!! Thanks for taking the time to post these. I will be back to read more!

Grace & Peace to you!

Rose said...

Mary, these are fabulous shots! She sure is beautiful.

Mary said...

Joan: I'm sure you shoot birds just as well as you do bugs....I just have a lot of willing subjects!

Dorothy: I was sent to your blog by Marie and found it very enjoyable :-) Grace and Peace to you, also.

Rose: I was pleased that these ducks and geese are sort of tame, because it allowed me to really sit close and watch them.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Beautiful shots.Our God certainly creates the most intricate designs in His creatures.

Carletta said...

Excellent!
I love these - especially the ones with the tail feathers - great detail.

sketched out said...

Fantastic ducks photos! Ducks are just the cutest things alive! Well, next to bunnies. You've just inspired me to add some duckery to my blog, hee hee.

Gorgeous photos, as always, Mary.

Anonymous said...

Very nice the way you've captured the beauty of nature in an "ordinary" bird.

Becky said...

Oh Mary,those shots are beautiful and so much detail! She is gorgeous and you have captured her perfectly.

Cicero Sings said...

Some VERY good shots of Mrs. Mallard ... takes her from the ordinary to most lovely!

Mary said...

Ruth and Carletta: Thanks!

Sketched Out: Oh, good, when I see a duck, know where the inspiration came from...not that you need it :-) I love your bunnies.

Wren, Becky, Cicero: I really enjoy studying the details, but most birds don't give me this much opportunity :-)

Kerri Farley said...

Mrs Mallard is LOVELy!! You took some amazing shots!! Great job!

Mary said...

Kerri: They have such beautiful patterns in their feathers, that its easy to take good photos :-)

sandy said...

GREAT CLOSE UPs....wow. What beautiful colors and poses. You did good!

Mary said...

Sandy: Thanks....I wish all birds were as willing to ignore me as this one was :-)