The "good news": Squirrel Sunday is one year old!
The "bad news": This is the official 'swan song'.
I hope that I'm not confusing you....there is nothing wrong with Star as far as I know. Actually, there have always been many "stars" and I have no idea which one is which.
I started Squirrel Sunday a year ago to have an "easy" way to post on Sundays. It was a lot of fun and took on a life of its own. However, I've run out of ideas and Star does not come around and "preform" as much as he used to. I've made his life too easy for him and he just eats sunflower seeds and runs off to his home.
I started Squirrel Sunday a year ago to have an "easy" way to post on Sundays. It was a lot of fun and took on a life of its own. However, I've run out of ideas and Star does not come around and "preform" as much as he used to. I've made his life too easy for him and he just eats sunflower seeds and runs off to his home.Sooooooo......Squirrel Sunday will not be a regular Sunday feature any more. Star will still show up from time to time, but I am taking the pressure off of both of us for having a weekly post.
He's tired
I'm tired.
Here is a link to the Squirrel Sunday post that started it all.
Here are three of my favorite early "Star" adventures.
Feel free to put Squirrel Sunday in the search box at the top left of my blog and see all of Star that you wish from the past year. You may actually see more of him now, because I won't save him just for Sunday!
14 comments:
Oh!
Thank you for all the lovely squirrel posts! I do remember that it was meant as an attempt to not work as much on Sundays, but I don’t think your squirrel post are any less work than the regular, quite the opposite(?) I do really understand your choice to not continue to post regularly, and hope star turns up with new tricks, and maybe babies too :D
My little friend turned up yesterday, after a long absence! He has been away for so long now that I had to stop posting regularly, but Ill still post on Sundays when I have something to post.
I want to whish you a lovely spring! I haven’t been around on blogs much the last few months, and commented even less, but I hope that spring will bring better times (and better health) I allways enjoy all your birds and trips :D
Gooo Hooo!! I am crying. No Star no Sunday laughs. I am going to go on strike or ban your blog!! LOL!! LOL!!
Oh well (sigh) I guess I am just going to have to enjoy him when I see him. :)
They have fabulous Mary and I thank you for them. You have interpreted their actions SO well it has been amazing. Thanks once again.
Awwww, I'll miss "him", but I do understand. The little critter prpbably has had enough limelight, and just wants more quiet time. "He" might have a family taking up most of the time now anyway. Thank Star for me and all the antics "he" provided each Sunday. You made the stories so enjoyable...
Have a wonderful day Mary.
B.
Starr often put on wonderful performances and I often enjoyed the dialogue accompanying them. Starr and Squirrel Sunday was a unique Sunday viewing experience. Thank you for many laughs to it's originator, Mary. I'll miss you Starr,
Ann
Anne: Thank you and I hope to still see your bouncy squirrel on Sundays when Star is around :-) I've been slow on visiting blogs, too and try to get by yours at least once a week. Hope you feel better now.
Joan: Thanks...I'm really not that funny and that is part of the problem...I've run out of jokes :-)
Becky: Thanks! I wish they would have babies, but if they do, I don't usually see them when they are very small.
Ann: Thanks....it was fun, but I'm getting stale with the material. Now I can post Star every day if I want to :-)
Awe, It was great while it lasted though. I enjoy watching the antics of the squrrels in my yard too. Thanks for sharing, have a blessed day.
Mary: Star was the star for a whole year, that was a good run for Star. I can't wait to see the Swan Star next week.
I hope Star enjoys his retirement! I will miss him...
Let me say this before I forget, I love your header picture.
For a minute there I thought you were going to tell us it was FFP's wan song - that would have been horrid! Ohhhh, but I'm going to miss my Sunday fix!
Pam, Tom, Rose, Annie: I have too much fun blogging to quit, but not having to think up a Squirrel Sunday will be a nice "vacation". Star is always here and will make a sassy appearance whenever he gives me any photos.
I enjoyed your squirrel posts very much -and I enjoy your others just as much!
Aren't squirrels just the nuts?! We love 'em, we get aggravated with 'em, and they're just so darned cute!
When you have a moment, you can see my squirrel 'story' from February here http://budurl.com/zqr6
A year of Sunday Squirrels, that's really impressive Mary but it's a good way to give yourself a rest after a whole year of your little 'star'. I have loved them but then I love all your other posts.
Shelley:I love taking his photo, but I'm not as good at thinking of jokes as you are unless he is being really silly. My funny bone is worn out :-)
Lindy: I did read your story and love the photos.
Denise: A year was enough of a regular feature:-) I love my squirrels and will keep watching them for good stories.
Post a Comment