Sunday, June 29, 2008

Squirrel Sunday

Do you have any idea how HOT it is out here????????

I'll force myself to eat something, if you insist....


Could you put in a pool for me? Maybe some air-conditioning?
I'm melting out here......."squirrel puddle" in the making
(these photos are recycled from last year, because my squirrels were too hot to show up this week :-)




19 comments:

me ann my camera said...

Oh, I am so laughing! This guy is wonderful! Perhaps he is planning on an early Sunday morning nap. GREAT pictures.

Anonymous said...

Recycled or not, these guys are adorable.

Cicero Sings said...

Too funny!

Kerri Farley said...

Oh my gosh...this is so funny! I had to call the family together so they could all have a look! I have never seen a squirrel in that position before. Great Post!!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I am sitting here having a good laugh at your pics and captions again Mary!! LOL!! Excellent!!

Becky said...

What an absolutely darling story and photos. Squirrels are so comical.Thanks for posting it again.

Mary said...

Hello everyone and thanks for the nice comments :-) I thought this was the funniest way I ever saw the squirrel act. He looks like he is just too pooped to do anything....even sit up. Maybe he just wants to show off his tail..who knows?

abb said...

Just wonderful example of one over-heated squirrel. Chuckling away here!

Mike said...

Now thats what I call cute, stunning shots Mary.

The Birdlady said...

That first one just might be my all-time favorite squirrel picture -it is the FUNNIEST thing! Thank you for digging them out and sharing them!

Pearl Maple said...

Too funny !
Your squirrel commentary are cute. Have travelled a long way from home to where they don't have these funny little creatures and really made me laugh seeing your version of their story.

Thanks for adding to sky watch friday with your views of the horizon.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Your squirrel posts crack me and my mom up! Very cute. Sorry I have not been around much but my mom has been super busy.
--JB

Mary said...

Thank you everyone for your comments! I'm heading to bed (11:30PM) and will continue to try to catch up tomorrow! It was a busy weekend! I'm also in "tennis fever" mode again, with Wimbledon on every day.

John Theberge said...

Awww, these are so cute, you were lucky to be able to photograph the little guy posing like this for you.

Mary said...

John: Thanks! He was very, very cute :-)

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Oh, these are sooooooo cute!! I love when they lie down like this! Your pictures are beautiful. In large form, I can almost feel how soft they are. Your captions had me laughing!! :)

Eve said...

This little guy is a hoot Mary!!! I love the build on umbrella too!!!

Mary said...

Sandpiper: I would love to know what one feels like, but don't think I'll try petting him :-)

Eve: He was definitly funny that day. I can identify with how he feels in those pictures.

sandy said...

hahahahahahahaha....great pose....

wonderful photos.

s