I guess that's the best word I can think of for the weather and birds right now...."droopy".
It rained off and on today, but I did see the Bluejay stop by to visit.
This Cardinal is not looking his best.
The Downy is mad because I ran out of suet......am heading out to buy some in a few minutes...hang in there!
The rain and the weight of the flowers has beat the Deutzia bush down. Definitely "droopy" and ready to be cut back as soon as it is done flowering.
The flowers are fully open now and starting to rain white petals.
This is a "droopy" rose that I think is the stock that a better rose was once grafted on to. I still like the flowers...better than nothing. Will cut it back too as soon as it is done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
It's 'droopy' here, too! I'm looking forward to some warm sunshine and fair weather. I have some Bluebirds that are acting like your Wrens. I think they build several nests and then select one to use.
It was cool here today! I had Lorelei outside, but I left her in her sleeper till she would be covered up.
That wren is soooo cute!
I love that white flowered bush Mary. Glad you got your aircon fixed, you will probably need it this summer.
The roses and the white flowering bush are so pretty! I'll bet they're fragrant, too.
Glad your A/C is back in working order. Couldn't imagine being without it, especially by the river.
Your birds look just like mine Droopy! It rained most of yesterday with lots of thunder last evening. Our dog goes nuts. He is afraid of loud noises.
I like that rose. The color is beautiful.
I haven't heard any Wrens this year. I wonder where they have gone? ? I even put up a new home for them.
B.
I love your description of droopy days - lol! Your flowers are beautiful! I believe Wrens will build dummy nests (sometimes several) but only use one. They did this to me last summer.
Lovely roses Mary, I agree the original stock look just as nice and more original. (Federer of course.)
Hi Mary I hope the droopys change to perkies soon!
The house wren can be a very naughty fellow. He will stuff all the boxes around with sticks to make sure no one else uses them. He will also kill baby birds and or eggs in another birds nest. If you ID him as a house wren you may want to deter him from the area. I put wren boxes away from my other bird houses to try to get him to find other places to go. I would chase him off from the area I didn't want him. I think it worked ok.
Good luck.
Nice pictures Mary- We also had a rainy day yesterday. We've got a house wren in our backyard too, I can't tell if it is just sticking sticks into the nest boxes or actually making a nest!
Tom
The feel may be droopy,but those roses sure are pretty.
Blessings,Ruth
Fantastic snaps
Mary: Neat shots of the wet cold spell we are having.
Lovely series, I haven't seen any wrens in my hard for a couple of months. I miss the little guys.
Warm weather, watching tennis and birds, and thank God for air conditioning. We have yet to warm up, going through a very cool week or so, fog in the mornings and sometimes all day.
I love the wrens. But not when they start singing at 5am.
Post a Comment