Thursday, May 7, 2009

BABY CHICKADEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I can't wait until tomorrow to post these! I've got baby chickadees.....yeah! 2 at least!I want out!
Chick pileup
Foooooooooood!
Mom...Dad....where are you, we're hungry ?????
Peek-a-boo





22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Mary - so glad you didn't wait to post these. What charmers!

Kingsdowner said...

Wonderful sight.
And in a gourd!

Mary said...

Wren: I want to sit there all day watching and am worried about when they first fly. It's a long drop from where this is hanging on the basketball goal rim. I worry about neighbor cats, too. I hope they are "instant fliers".

Kingsdowner: This gourd has worked great and I intend to make more next year! I'm already picking out places to put them. Would love to rig a web cam in one.

abb said...

How exciting! Are they making the hole bigger? It looks bigger than it did.

Love the photos & videos, Mary!

CountryDreaming said...

Awwww, I just want to kiss these cute little baby chickadee faces!

Kerri Farley said...

How sweet!!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: Nicely done with the big gourd bird home.

DeniseinVA said...

Fantastic!!!!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

That is so precious.
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,Ruth

Shelley said...

I'm so glad you posted these! They are darling!!

Jenny said...

Two cutie posts in a row! Fabulous!
I'm glad your patiences has paid dividends for you Mary! Enjoy.

Mary said...

Annie: Mike things the hole is the same as he made it...about 3/4". I think it looks larger, too, but can't really tell.

Thank you, everyone! I sure love baby birds! What a great Mother's Day present already!

Cicero Sings said...

Love all your babies!

Becky said...

How exciting Mary! They're adorable.
I have a new birdhouse up this Spring in hopes a Chickadee or Wren will make it their home, but so far it's empty.
Keep us posted.
B.

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh!!! The two babies in the first photo are the cutest little things I've ever seen.....more, more!!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

How WONDERFUL Mary!! These are fantastic pics. Love them.

The Birdlady said...

Aren't they just too adorable! Great photos!

Mary said...

I'm so afraid that I scared them away, although they looked ready to climb out of that hole. Today I have not seen or heard a peep...I think they flew the coop...at least that is what I am telling myself, rather then think worse thoughts. I'm praying they are OK. I'm still seeing a chickadee come and get food and take it to the trees instead of the gourd. I'm worried but afraid to look in the gourd.

Leedra said...

They are so cute...they will be flying soon, if they have not already.

Leedra’s Photos For FunLeedra’s Greeting CardsPhotography By Leedra

Mary said...

Leedra: I'm praying that they are flying.

sandy said...

Oh...so cute!

2sweetnsaxy said...

That is soooo cool and sooo cute!
:-)