I went two places yesterday and after looking at my photos, decided they were interesting to compare.
First at the zoo we have the "mangy" camel family.....
Papa......
Baby camel being hidden in the corner by mama.....
....but later on view! Isn't she adorable? Although the entire family looks likes someone attacked them with hedge clippers.
At the wetlands we find the "mangy" goose family.....
These molting teenage geese look just as bad as baby camel!
No one ever said the teenage years were "graceful".
Funny looking little things :-)
Then there are the birds.....
......peacocks in the tree at the zoo......
At the wetlands we find the "mangy" goose family.....
Then there are the birds.....
I seemed to be "underneath" in both cases.
The plants....
Some interesting green leaves at the zoo.....with a touch of red
New leaves at the wetlands....with a touch of purple.
Animals...
A nice dry tortoise family at the zoo...
...a very wet turtle at the wetlands.
Flowers at both places.....
I love these exotic types at the zoo!
orchid
colorful....
.....strange.
At the wetlands.....
The meadow was full of these tall white flowers today.
....maybe not as exotic as an orchid, but one could get tired of exotic :-)
.....spikes....
The plants....
Animals...
Flowers at both places.....
At the wetlands.....
Two very different places, but both have interesting things to see!
(p.s.....strangely enough, the zoo had both the fennel and that sweetspire bush that I posted yesterday! The bushes were all over the zoo and the smell of them was driving my allergies nuts. I don't think I would want to own one after smelling a whole lot of them together.)
13 comments:
Ciekawa wycieczka do zoo , super zdjęcia , pozdrawiam :)
What an interesting comparison Mary. When the animals are shedding their winter fur like that they do look most untidy.
The red and green plant / flower is indeed strange and looks like it might flower. You are going to have to return to see what it looks like. :)
Koand: Thank you for stopping by my blog. I don't know how to use a traslator on this...sorry.
Joan: thanks! I never realize how shaggy the camels were and the baby looked almost as bad as the other two...it is only a week or two old.
Very nice comparisons, Mary. The baby camel is adorable....I told The Fishing Guy that his young goslings at this age looked like awkward teen-agers and I think yours do, too. But they are probably anything but that.
wow, what a collection of photos on here today. Great pictures...
Looks like you had a very enjoyable day. Your photo of the first red flower looks very similar to the Fairy Duster plant (Calliandra eriophylla) that we see in Arizona except the leaves are different.
The other red flower looks like heliconia rostrata (False Bird of Paradise).
Very nice!
Beautiful Mary... Oh how I love seeing the baby camel... How sweet is that!!!! Thanks for taking us with you on that trip!!!!
Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy
My goodness you do have a great array of goodies here. Love all the flowers, and how you have compared them.
Those camels do look scraggy, as do the geese, but I suppose they have to look worse before they look better. LOL
Have a great week-end.
B.
Mary: What a neat post showing all the zoo and wetland experience.
Great series of photos.It is ineteresting to compare the two places.Both fun in their own way.
Blessings,Ruth
I liked your comparison of the zoo and the wetlands. It's nice to know human teens aren't the only ones that can look untidy at times!
Wonderful series of shots. Those camels and teen geese did look pretty mangy/molty. LOL! I couldn't help but think how some human teens also go through that awkward stage.
Great comparison post Mary. Mangy is the right word for those families! It's a shame you got an overdose of the fennel. My hayfever has just kicked in this last couple of days....sigh.....
(-:
Post a Comment