It has been well over a week since we've seen sunshine :-(
When it isn't actually raining, it is just dreary and depressing out there. So I stay home catching a few shots of the home birds now and then.
Mrs. Red-Bellied Woodpecker getting some suet.
A shot of the gap in the red on her head indicating she is female.
She was really chowing down on the suet. I must have bought the right kind.
Her mate out back on the post. Fully red in the head.
I finally bought some niger seed when I saw it on sale one day and these Goldfinches are showing the appreciation by gobbling it all up.
17 comments:
Your lovely visitors are obviously enjoying the food you serve up Mary! Ax
What a great cast Mary.
....we are still locked under cloud cover too, and haven't had a break of sun since before Christmas. Weatherman said cold temps and snow are on the way. Sweet photos of the birds. My starlings are hogging our suet!
Love the upside down Goldfinches Mary!
In spite of dull weather,you have lovely pictures of the birds.I don't think I will get many pictures today,we are in a severe blizzard. School is cancelled,so it's a stay at home day.
Blessings,Ruth
Usual cast of characters and usual great close-up photos of them!!!! Happy Monday!
We actually had sunshine some yesterday...and at least it was brighter. Got flurries today, though.
Anne: The feeders are always busy, even if it's too nasty to go anywhere else.
Roy: I do love all the birds that stop by daily :-)
Kelly: I sure miss the sunshine...so gloomy right now, but at least I'm getting some sewing done :-)
Eve: It always seems unfair to make them work so hard, but they are cute when they hang upside down :-)
Ruth: Stay safe! We may get some flurries, but blizzards are pretty abnormal.
Dorothy: Thanks...I think we will check on the snow geese today. Time to get outside!
Rose: Those flurries may be headed this way.
This may be your usual cast of characters, but you got some wonderful pictures. I hope you find some sunshine if you get away.
Lots of great pictures today, Mary. I especially like the next to the last one. That Titmouse is almost smiling! What a cute picture.
Hugs,
Betsy
What a great group you have visiting :)
It may be dull weather Mary, but your feeders never are! Great shots you got there. I wish my feeders could be nearer to my house windows!
It's been a while since I've been able to visit. I'm glad to see you still have such characters in your yard to photograph. :-) Great shots!
They're all beautiful, come rain or shine.
<")>><
Boy oh Boy, we have the same weather. So gloomy! I've got the same old gang here, but no Red Bellied woodpeckers yet this season.
Super detail Mary.
B.
Felt good getting back here to look at your birds! Hope you dry out soon. We dried out somewhat but it is going to rain again tomorrow.
Thanks everyone! Good to hear from some of you I haven't heard from for awhile. Will try to get around to some more blogs today.
Post a Comment