Well, it's a brand new year....time to make some New Year's Resolutions.....
right, "Star"?

How about:
1. Eat more fruits and veggies

2. Get plenty of fresh air and exercise!

"Sounds like a diet to me......DIE-t......
I'll think about it....not!
Are you going to keep these resolutions yourself???"
(hmmm......OK, Star....good point. We'll both try.)
15 comments:
no worries there about stars resolution.
mine is to turn over a new leaf.
make sure there is no bug to photograph.
all the best and happy snapping.
Star looks like she's getting a bit chunky :) Happy New Year Mary!!
OMG! You have the fattest squirrel! No wonder Star stays at your house!!!
Very cute.Star looks like he needs to go on a diet.
Blessings,Ruth
LOL!! I love this one Mary but I must say I agree with the above, Star is getting fat and the exercise resolution should stay. :)
Good one Mary. Personally I'm with Star. I do think about it, but never follow through.
It's snowing so hard today. So far about 23" on the ground. The skiers and snowmobilers LOVE it!
B.
hmmm sounds like Star has a plan there. I started back on my diet also. Love this post. =)
No resolutions here, so none to break! I would be happy if I would exercise more!
Looks like Star is getting quite the workout eating that corn! =D
Lovely New Year's resolution post Mary. Made me smile! I'm really curious as to what will eat oranges at this time of year?
Lovely photos.
Star looks well cared for.
I don't think she'll be going far from your place. Great how you gave the feeders a Xmas make-over aswell.
Thanks everyone! "Star" is a composite of all the squirrels that visit me. I've been wondering if this particular one is a pregnant female. It does look fat and eats like its life...or lives...depends on it! I'm not sure when Fox Squirrels have their babies and never see any really little ones. I hope it doesn't have babies in winter.
Jenny: I throw fruit out when I have some to get rid of and hope the Mockingbird, Bluejays, etc. might want it. These oranges had a few moldy spots. I noticed that some of those orange rinds were empty today, so maybe a varmint ate them :-)
I don't actively make resolutions, but I will certainly start watching what I eat, when all the holiday "goodies" are finally gone! I'd been working on eating better for several months and the holidays really messed that up.
Maru: That is one smart squirrel, choices have to be made.
No resolutions here, Mary, other than to have as good a year in 2010 as I had in 2009.... I spent my day running squirrels off of the deck... I guess I'm a 'meanie'--but I buy the bird food for the birds and NOT for the squirrels.
Star had better be glad he is living with you in Indiana...
Hugs,
Betsy
Star better be careful or he is going to make the world book of records...and not for the most photographed squirrel!!
He and I both need to DIET!
Post a Comment