Saturday, January 9, 2010

Attitude......

The weather critics all agree....."I don't like this weather"
"I don't like this weather"

"I don't like this weather!"

"Didn't you hear me the first time?"
"Make it go away! I'm cold and hungry!"
"It's not that bad......as long as there is plenty of peanut butter!"
(Of course I could be mistaken and it is the photographer that they are being critical of :-)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such grumpy grumpy birdies LOL :)
Didn't know they eat peanut butter - your birds obviously have a sweet beak

Anonymous said...

Brilliant, very well done Mary.

Rose said...

You sure did manage to capture some grumpy looks!

Eve said...

So very funny Mary. Wonderful pictures and I AGREE!!!!!!
Thanks for showing the peanut butter cones....I'm going to put some out today....my birdies are cold and hungry and eating me out of house and home!!!

Mary said...

Aluajala: Birds love peanut butter and it is full of good energy for them.

Roy:Thanks! They were funny if a bit pathetic looking :-)

Rose: It was that sort of day.

Eve: I have found that the peanut butter cones are very popular. Most birds want them really close to a branch they can hang onto or lean from. I usually freeze it on the cones before putting it out so it isn't messy. I need more peanut butter and some stiffer pinecones!

Anonymous said...

While we say this weather is for the birds, it seems they don't agree.

We have lots of pine cones around the yard - I'll have to give the peanut butter a try.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Birdies do love peanut butter, Mary. I don't think YOUR birds are fussing. They are saying THANKS for all that you do for them..

Great photos.
Hugs,
Betsy

Mike said...

Yep know exactly how they feel :)

CountryDreaming said...

Awwww, those poor little birds look so cute even when they're cold. At least your providing food for them is so helpful!

Mary said...

Wren: They will thank you!

Betsy: Thanks...you are sweet.

Mike: Me too...makes it easy to write the captions :-)

Country Dreaming: Cute and miserable...all at the same time.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Wonderful - they do look fed up Mary. Ax

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Whatever it is they don't like,the pictures are still just as lovely.I like the facial expressions.
Blessings,Ruth

Lindy said...

These are priceless! The second one's scowl makes me think of Paul Teutul Sr., of the American Chopper TV show.
=D
I agree with Betsy - the birds are very happy with all you do to help them cope with the weather.

Star's cousin has visited at our place...

Becky said...

Ha Ha, those birds really DON'T look very happy. They would be a lot unhappier if they couldn't find something to eat..
B.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute, all those pouting birdies!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: What fun shots, I think they like the photographer.

A Colorful World said...

So cute! Yep, they have to be upset that winter is here in full force...but as long as there is peanut butter, it can't be all bad.