It's SkyWatch Friday! Time to look at skies around the world.

This was on Tuesday....the most vivid sunset I've seen in a month!

It was nice to see some color in the sky at sunset for a change.

In the east the moon was already up, too.

A little earlier with the same sunset.

A nearby nest against the sky

Another larger nest.

These are a different day.....a hawk against the sky at the wetlands.

Sky in the water....with geese :-)
That's my skies for this week! Click on the icon on the sidebar for more skies around the world.
18 comments:
Beautiful Mary! I love the moon and the nest!!
only had one day where the sky was worth photographing all week been so borring just taking photos of the moon in a blue sky each day.
mind you the swallos and swifts make a good sight when they are in the shot.
Eve: It was nice having a good sky for a change :-)
Tony: Swallows and swifts in the sky would be nice.
You captured some gorgeous flaming sunsets! I like the nexts against the sky, too.
The first one is really interesting, almost looks as if a spaceship is about to land.
My new place is only 2 k from here so will be taking my walks around here but I will have pastures new to explore in other directions problem is I have to be careful not to over do the walks. I may get better shots of the kestrel and kite plus the Ibis on their daily flight back to the sleeping grounds,
now if yyou want to see the swifts and swallows trying to get to the moon go to the skywatchegypt.blogspot
I think I put them on last week so click on the january on the sidebar.
Congrats on capturing so excellently the best sunset so far of 2010! Wow!
Beautiful, Mary!
Mary: Really neat look at the skies in your area.
Glad you got to see a sunset at last Mary. Lovely shots, so intense! I like the reflected sky shot too.
I love all these skywatch photos - especially the first one with its unearthly light. The photos of the great blue yesterday are wonderful, too!
Three Rivers Daily Photo
Your Tuesday sunset is indeed gorgeous. It's wonderful to see some color other than gray in the sky. I liked your moon shot as well.
Mary, beautiful and very dimensional Skywatch photo. Love the colors
Well,I'm glad I don't have to pick a favourite. Each picture is lovely.Have a fantastic weekend.
Blessings,Ruth
Hi There, Just dropping by to say HI. We have snow-snow-snow today/tonight.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it... Can you just imagine how excited I am????
I know you think I'm crazy (and I guess I am)--but snow to us is so rare. When we do get some, I love it!!!! Oh WEll--call me nutty!!! ha
Beautiful pictures--especially the sky (sun/moon/clouds, etc.)...
Hugs,
Betsy
Thanks everyone!
Betsy: Gee...try not to get too excited about the snow:-) LOL!
Oh Mary, that IS a gorgeous sunset! Where we live all we see to the West are the hills from the ski resort.
Love your header!
Keep an eye on those nests too.
Excellant shot of the moon. My camera won't do that!:(
B.
nice sunset pictures.
Post a Comment