Sunday, October 25, 2009

Squirrel Sunday.....NOT

Squirrel still not hanging around much....so how about a couple of other mammals? Mike happened to step to the front door last Sunday night and spotted this Opossum (America's only marsupial) in the "vine tree". The possum couldn't really go anywhere from there, so Mike was able to take a couple flash photos. Then I told him to chase it away.....I don't like possums.
Mike gets credit for this one, too. While at the wetlands, Mike saw this muskrat moving in the grass near the edge of the water. I couldn't even see it, because it was down so low. Mike leaned over and got a couple of shots of it in the water before it saw him.

Another animal that just isn't "cute and fuzzy" like squirrels. I hope my squirrels come around more soon.....I miss them!

7 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Seems to me that Mike did okay on this trip Mary. :)

Rose said...

Nice captures...and Mike was awful nice to let you share them with us. We got good hubbies!

Eve said...

Love the critters Mary! Great job Mike!

Becky said...

I don't like possoms either. We haven't seen one around here in a couple years and that is fine with me. That Muskrat looks like he's laying on a green carpet. Great job Mike!
B.

George said...

These critters are definitely not squirrels, but they are great captures anyway. Would you like us to send you some squirrels? They're all over the place down here!

sandy said...

Just the other day one poor possum was lying dead in the road nearby. I don't like them much but always sad when a critter gets hit by a car.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: Two great capture, a monster rat in a tree and in the water. Great shots.