Lots of geese are beginning to gather at the wetlands....about 70 in one area and another couple dozen further down the creek.

They like to stand in the shallow areas and clean themselves, which gives me a lot of entertainment watching them.

They also make nice trails through the duckweed.

Does this look comfortable?

I always tend to think of their movements as "goose yoga".

Their necks are soooooo bendable.

Like this.....

...or how about this one??

They very senuously rub their heads over their feathers.

" OK....time to take care of the butt area....stop watching!"

I like how the tail goes to the side.

"I said....stop watching me!"
I call this last sequence the "Goose Hokey Pokey"

"Are you ready???......"

"Put your left foot in....."

"Put your left foot out....."

"Put your left foot in...."

"Now shake it all about...."

"Do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself about....that's what it's all about! "
("Has anyone seen the Goose Chiropractor around here.....my neck is killing me!")
15 comments:
LOL!! Love the dialoge Mary. :)
This is such a funny cute post Mary!! hahaha now I'm smiling for the day!
Obviously you love geese too. I could watch their antics all day.
hihi...those silly birds!
Thesse are great shots...I think we would probably enjoy a lot of the same entertainment.
I had wondered were the geese coming back down there...they are just barely starting to here. It is so odd to go out to the strip pits and not see much.
Hi Mary lovely shots. Yes geese are quite entertaining.
This looks better (especially with your comments) than anything we could see on TV!
this is the second time. first I found a lady bird in the field.and there was a blog with a lady bird. I blogged with a photo of two geese cleaning the path. I guess she wanted sand to make her eggs,
nice shots Mary long time since I heard the "hoky cokey"
nice to hear the geese know an old English song.
Brilliant funny post Mary. Made me LOL! (-: Love that spirally photo the best.
Some of those movements make my neck hurt.Geese are so entertaining.
Blessings,Ruth
Mary you have put a smile upon my face and that's great healing tonic for me! Oh my looks like you had as much fun as the geese and I see in the last image they are getting ready for a "line dance"
Yahoo!! smiling Anna
I love it Mary, You DO need to write that book. What a story...
We have 100's of geese in the fields across the road, and they fly in every morning and then again every night. The sound is deafening.
B.
This was a fun post. Every single shot is great, and humorous captions. I like that chorus like at the end!
These are WONDERFUL shots Mary.
Mary: Wonderful captures.
Post a Comment