My blogging schedule is getting a bit eratic. Between the gloomy weather and not feeling well.....both Mike and I have colds....stuffy, coughing.....I'm just not taking a lot of photos.
Watching out the window today I saw mostly finches and sparrows. I was pleased to see this White-Throated Sparrow show up. I haven't seen it for awhile.
I can tell when the weather turns colder and the birds remember where the people who feed them are located. Suddenly my bird population begins to explode.
A Song Saprrow on the back deck....taken at an awful angle and through glass.
There must be at least 20 House Sparrows hanging around eating up all my seed. I keep offering them maps to find their way back to England, but they just ignore me.
A beautiful House Finch male. I have a couple pair of them hanging around right now.
He posed so nicely that he gets two photos :-)
I have a small flock of Goldfinches. Some still look rather young and not too sure of what they are doing, but they are faithfully swarming my feeders each day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Nice shots , all I got today was a few sparrows as I was laid up today with my back playing up I overdid the walk yesterday , we had a beautiful sunset I also had a peaceful day to get some writing done on my time with the Kids in Kenya,
Very sorry both you and Mike are feeling snuffly Mary. I'll send you some hugs across the pond. I wish we could take back our 'sprogs' (House Sparrows). Believe it or not, they have declined quite a bit over here. Hope you both feel better soon
Take care
Jen
Glad you are taking good care of your backyard birds, Mary. I love mine also---except for those trillions of Pine Siskins (which luckily are not here yet)... You got some great photos. I especially like the little fluffy goldfinch.
Sorry you are 'under the weather'... Take care my friend.
Hugs,
Betsy
Sorry you are not feeling well. Love your little birds. I'll be glad when we start having some different birds come by here. Last year we had several that were new to me.
Oh,I hope you will soon feel better.Colds are no fun.If you find a way to ship those House Sparrows back to where they came from let me know,I like to add a few.:)
Blessings,Ruth
Hope you and Mike get better quick Mary. Relax and enjoy your birds. Stay warm.
Mary: Neat photos of the sparrows, they move in as soon as the chipmunk and squirrels are done. I love the colors on the Downy.
Gee, I hope you and Mike feel better soon. No fun being stuffy. I just got over one myself.
Still you had enough birds to keep you entertained while in the house.
Today cool and cloudy, but at least no rain.
B.
I'm sorry to hear that the two of you are not feeling well. I hope you're feeling better soon. We have quite a few young finches at our feeders, although I haven't seen any male house finches yet.
I do hope you both feel better soon Mary.
Post a Comment