The ducks were very willing to pose last weekend.
On Saturday they were gathered in the shade of the tree, but on Sunday they were in the water and someone was feeding them making photos easy.
I love the green irridescent colors in the black ones!
What a beautiful head! His bill looks like patented leather....well shined.
The light brown ones are beautiful, too, with their soft color.
They have a gorgeous mix of brown feathers.
A little too much light here, but I liked the coy pose :-)
Mixed with them are a young pair of Mallards.
His color looks pretty complete.
The heads don't seem as dark as they should be, but it's getting greener. They were cleaning and preening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Wonderful pictures of the ducks! That second one is my very favorite.
Duck-Duck-Goose!!!! Did you ever play that game with your kids???? You really have some great pictures of the ducks, Mary. I too love that second picture. His colors are marvelous.
Read my blog today when you get a chance. My sweet brother died yesterday. Even though he is in a better place, it's a sad time for me.
Hugs,
Betsy
Are those all mallards? Or are there some Mankey (spelling?) ducks thrown in there? Neat pics!
Dorothy: Thanks...I like that one too.
Betsy: I almost called my post "duck, duck, goose", but decided to leave the goose for another day. Sorry about your brother.
Annie: The black and brown ones are Mankey mixes or else they are domestic ducks that someone dropped off at the wetlands. They live there all the time. I think they have some Mallard mixed in them. I wrote about Mankeys not long ago. You are probably the one that taught me that word!
The subtle colors of the fall ducks is equally as beautiful as the bright spring plumage.They sure know how to twist those necks,ouch.:)
Blessings,Ruth
Ruth: makes me want to call the chiropracter!
I think ducks offer so much photo-pleasure. Ever changing. Yours are so cute. Love their colors Mary.
I read your 5 words. A marvelous tribute to your Mom. I'm sure she would be very proud of your thoughts and of your rememberance of her in your sewing.
B.
What a ducky post. Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures.
Post a Comment