Monday, July 28, 2008

We're in Ashland....

Well.....we're here!
We had just enough time after eating dinner to walk down to the river before the sun was too far down. There are murals painted on the levy walls. I always like seeing otherwise ugly surfaces used for things like this!

The band was there to greet us on one wall :-)


The view across the Ohio River looks exactly like the photo yesterday. There is a nice tree lined shore against the steep rock face.

I like the colorful bridges! The blue bridge goes across to West Virginia, and the green bridge brings you back to Kentucky.

The sun was hiding behind some clouds. Mike still has to go to work tonight....poor man...while I get to go back to the motel and do whatever.....like read blogs :-)
Hopefully tomorrow I will begin to find some things to take pictures of.
Oh, yes.......if you happen to be a race horse, this is a race horse retirement farm around Lexington, KY. I wish we hadn't just been zipping by....it's a huge place! I hope we will go home on the back roads and get to see more of that area. There are huge horse farms on both sides of the highway.

8 comments:

The Birdlady said...

Shoot! I thought sure it was a marsh ornament - a new product for BYB...lol. Those bridges are really cool.

Cicero Sings said...

Those murals appear very well done but I especially like those two bridges ... neat to have them color coded!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

What a lovely place sofar Mary!! I like those murals and the shot of the sun.

kjpweb said...

Looks like an interesting place. Like the Murals a lot!
Cheers, Klaus

Mary said...

Helen...sorry to disappoint :-)

Cicero: Makes me wonder why more cities don't do that. The bridges between Indiana and Kentucky where I live are just your standard ugly gray. They just painted them, so I guess there is no point in offering suggestions.

Joan: The murals were very nicely done and I think there are more further down from where we were. Will look today.

Klaus: Cities need more art like this. It's history, too.

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Great post, Mary. I liked that sky picture a lot.

NW Nature Nut said...

I'll be in Ashland next week (Oregon-grin). I like the bridge photo with the two colors and the sky photo too. Looks like you had a fun time!

Mary said...

Thanks everyone....my comments may be shorter than ususal this week :-)

NW Nature Nut...I bet that Ashland, Oregon is neater then Ashland, Kentucky! Oh, well...we take what we can get :-)