I jumbled these here in no particular order to finish up my walk from last Friday.
Just stuff that I liked for some reason.
Crown Vetch
Yellow stuff on part of the marsh.....couldn't decide if it was dead vegetation or what?
I just liked these little dried grasses against the green leaves.
I have no idea what this basket/cage thing is, but it was very attractive laying there next to the flowers and grasses at the edge of the marsh.
I came around a corner and surprised 3 of the remaining duck group.
These little sunflowers were all so similar in size. Mine at home range from tall to tiny! Much of this meadow is getting as tall as I am or nearly so (of course I'm short, so that isn't saying much :-)
13 comments:
Beautiful pictures, Mary. I like the cage in the grasses, too. I hope it's not a trap of some sort. I've enjoyed catching up here tonight. BTW, Your skywatch picture is AWESOME!
That was a nice walk; thanks for letting me go along....we can just call the basket/cage thing a "marsh ornament!" Maybe I should get some in to sell...lol
Sandpiper: Thanks! Glad you are getting a little time to get out and about.
Helen: I think it would take up too much room in the store, whatever it is! It's pretty big. I figure someone will recognize it and identify it eventually. I was surprised that my husband didn't know what it was....he's normally very good at knowing odd trivia and stuff like this.
That was fun Mary! If no one laid claim to that basket thingy I would have brought it home!!!
Have another great day!
You certainly had an intereting walk! That cagey thing is something I would have brought home for my own garden..those ducks..a black one!!!Such lovely sunflowers!
I enjoyed this walk with you!
Another lovely set from the marsh. I wonder if that cage thing is some type of fish trap?
The cage thing is bigger then it looks and I don't think any of you would really want it in your garden. It has a spiky bottom and appears to be something you would put in the water upright over something. Maybe it's a place for little fish to hide from big fish :-) It did have a pleasing shape, however.
Naturegirl: the ducks are part of a group that I call the "7 sisters" and they live there all the time, I guess. There were 2 white, 2 black, 2 black and white mixed, and 1 brown. One of the black and white ones has disappeared recently.
I just figured out what your wire basket is. Because the wetlands are inside the levee if too much water accumulates there it has to be pumped up to the river. Your wire basket goes over the drain pipe to prevent logs, trees, trash and elephants from being sucked in and ruining the pump.
There such beautiful wild flowers. I wish I had the time to take photographs of them all!!
I for one, love to find a little piece of roadside treasures that shouldn't be there (unless it is a huge dump load someone leaves)...
Love that metal thing. Wish we knew what it was.
Mary, that metal basket. Its not something you would stick in the ground and train plants or something up through is it.
If it was near the Sea it could have something to do with catching crabs in.
Very strange.
A great post altogether.
Another great walk!
I like that cage whatever it is. I can see it hanging from a tall hanger of some kind just full of beautiful flowers.
Post a Comment