Thursday, July 17, 2008

Whatever catches my eye......

The meadow area of the wetlands is so full of different plants and color and bugs and bees, and everything, that I usually just wander around photographing whatever happens to catch my eye at the moment...... The mix of flowers and grasses and color in one spot...

......a perfect bud.....

.....a grasshopper on the path......

.....the fine grasses in the sun.....

.....a big mushroom.....

......another taller one next to it....

......a perfect puffer of some sort.....waiting....

.....a bee on the purple blossoms.....

.....sunflowers looking upward....

.......following the sun....

.....a wasp among the white delicate flowers....beauty and the beast!

15 comments:

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Great pictures, Mary. It looks like a nice walk. I like that you picked up on so many of the little details along your walk. I love the purple and yellow flowers. They're beautiful.

me ann my camera said...

It really shouldn't be a surprise by now, but you're discovering it too! Every time I go out for a walk I can't believe all the beauty that surrounds us every day, but different with the seasons. Summer of course holds a multitude of treasures. Lovely pictures in your post today.

Hmmmm... perhaps I should put my chores aside and take my camera for a walk :-)

Becky said...

Beautiful flowers, Mary. What a nice walk. Mushrooms are another of my favorites. I wish we had meadows to walk in. There is lots of farmlands around our home.

Eve said...

Thanks for the great walk Mary!!

Mary said...

Lin: Thanks! I'm better at the little things, because the big things get away before I get their picture :-)

Ann: Thanks! I'm sure you will be out walking before the day is out and we will be blessed with your camera shots :-)

Becky: I would like more meadows, too. I'm always jealous of the English meadows that seem to be free to walk. In America everything is owned by someone. I have a lot of farmland around me, also and would love to walk along the edges of the fields...but if you don't know the owners you can't.

Eve: Thanks! It's too hot to get out today, but I'll probably go later anyway.

kjpweb said...

The charm is in small things as much as in huge ones. And it's not really about just "snapping" an image. It's about catching it in a meaningful way. Thus a little hopper can be
as intriguing as a Full size Alligator...
That said - you did great! Cheers, Klaus

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

A wonderful selection Mary. It is nice to see some general pictures like this as it gives one a good idea of the area.

Stephanie said...

what good pictures

Mary said...

Thanks Klaus!....and I'll definitely take the hopper over the gator! I have a tendency to do too much "snapping" and not enough thinking about what result I want.

Joan: Thanks...when you like everything, its hard to choose what to photograph :-) And we seldom know what turned out well until we get back to our computers.

Stephanie: Thanks! Glad you liked them.

The Birdlady said...

You've captured so much beauty in these shots. Thank you.

sandy said...

Isn't there an old saying about grasshopper and luck? If so...I hope you have bought a lottery ticket... enjoyed my brief stay here.

abb said...

Lovely lovely photos. So glad you share with me.

Mary said...

Helen, Sandy, Annie: Thank you! I don't know the saying about grasshoppers....will have to look it up :-)

me ann my camera said...

I was surprised to see you up so late, but then realized there is perhaps a two hour difference between here and there. Thanks always for your friendly nice comments.
ann

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

That great thing about digital is that you can take 10 of the same thing and discard what you don't want. LOL!!