Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Birds of the beach.....

When I'm on vacation, I take lots of pictures.....lots and lots....Killdeer on the beach

Geese flotilla with the bridge reflections

Mock on the Rock!

I heard this one before I could find where she was hiding!

Little Song Sparrow way up on top of a tall plant singing away.
I wanted to get her and the blue bridge together, but barely got the corner in the background.
She was so far above me, I could barely photograph her at all!

House Sparrow family at home among the broken concrete they are using for landfill.

There were also a dove and a bird up on the wires in this same area....probably a starling as best as I could tell.
I just got back from town with lots of pictures of buildings, but I haven't even finished the beach from this morning yet! If I see this much every day, I'll never get it all posted.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take more vacations Mary.
That Killdeer turned up again. {:)

Jenny said...

Hi Mary, I love the reflections you get with those bridges. The Song Sparrow is so cute the way it is checking you out, hiding behind that leaf. (-:
Looking forward to more.....

kjpweb said...

Very nice set of photos! Glad to see that you're having a blast on your vacation! So keep 'em coming!
Cheers, Klaus

Cicero Sings said...

I'm glad you are enjoying our time away and all the new photo ops that have presented themselves. The reflections of those bridges ... great.

Mary said...

Roy: I'm amazed that you remember that the other one was on an out-of-town trip, also! I do like killdeers.

Jenny: Thanks! It's been a fun trip so far.

Klaus: Well, I already have 2 more posts set up for tomorrow, so I don't think I will run out of stuff to see.

Cicero: Having a great time. I enjoy going anywhere and seeing anything...easy to please :-)

sandy said...

These were delightful and I can tell you have a great time photographing...heck I would have...

Eve said...

This is fun Mary!!! I love the mockingbird!!

Mary said...

Sandy and Eve: thanks! I am having a good time and any change of scenery is always a good excuse for taking lots of pictures.

Kerri Farley said...

I would love to see a killdeer! I'm glad you take lots of pictures!!